Beta testers for new FIRECalc needed

dory36

Early-Retirement.org Founder, Developer of FIRECal
A new and much modified version of FIRECalc will be out soon. I'm almost at the point where I could use a few extra sets of eyes for the beta test.

beta test: A secondary software product test involving select or voluntary participants before the product is released to the general public. Note: Participants agree to provide detailed feedback to the product's developer in return for their being allowed to preview, use, and contribute to the final form of the product.

As the quote indicates, I'm looking for people to try it and provide bug reports, and feedback regarding ease of use, clarity of explanations, suggestions on presentation, and so forth.

If you're interested in trying it outand providing this sort of feedback, please send me a PM. I'll pick a handful of folks and send the link.  I'll create a private section of the forum for participants to communicate. Don't reply here to volunteer.

(If you don't think you'll be able or willing to provide detailed feedback, please just hang on a while. I expect to open the testing up to everyone here as soon as a small group bangs on it for a while and I fix what breaks early on.)

Thanks -- dory36

PS: here's just a teaser -- it's the results page, less some verbiage that is still being added.

Attachments

• screenshot.gif
    screenshot.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 161
Heh, I guess it must be easy to find volunteers on a board full of retirees... ;)

Cool Dood said:
Heh, I guess it must be easy to find volunteers on a board full of retirees... ;)
Hey, we moderators had our shot, now it's your turn!

The new version is ready for testing by those who volunteered -- you should all be seeing the beta tester board on the forum. If not, PM me.

Still room for a few more testers -- PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom