Blackrock Lifepath 2025 Institutional Index

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm making myself get more familiar with my asset allocation, and after searching this forum for info on AA, I went to Vanguard and plugged in all our 401(k) holdings into their portfolio analyzer. I'm right where I want to be, by the way. :dance:

Vanguard is telling me that the expense ratio on this Blackrock fund held in my 401(k) has an expense ratio of 8.06%. :nonono:

Morningstar says this: LIBIX BlackRock Lifepath Index 2025 Instl Fund LIBIX Quote Price News (.026%)

Can anyone explain the discrepancy to me? Do you feel like you can trust the Vanguard Portfolio Analyzer? Or am I confusing expenses and fees:confused:

I'm kind of new to this level of analysis - as we get closer to pulling the plug, I'm really trying to be more hands on.

The Vanguard Portfolio Analyser (Portfolio Watch) has some severe flaws. It often doesn't look inside a fund to understand what it is looking at nor does it understand what foreign and domestic mean if a fund holds both.

I would recommend using the Morningstar Instant X-ray tool or the Morningstar Portfolio X-ray tool instead.

The Vanguard Portfolio Analyser (Portfolio Watch) has some severe flaws. It often doesn't look inside a fund to understand what it is looking at nor does it understand what foreign and domestic mean if a fund holds both.

I would recommend using the Morningstar Instant X-ray tool or the Morningstar Portfolio X-ray tool instead.

Actually I would NOT recommend using any of the tools suggested for the expense ratio. What I found recently reviewing another's 401k plan is that the plan had increased the expenses of a Vanguard fund by almost 600% from .17 to 1% in the 401k plan -- so the only correct expense ratio to use is the one inside the 401k plan itself.

fd

Actually I would NOT recommend using any of the tools suggested for the expense ratio. What I found recently reviewing another's 401k plan is that the plan had increased the expenses of a Vanguard fund by almost 600% from .17 to 1% in the 401k plan -- so the only correct expense ratio to use is the one inside the 401k plan itself.

fd

Odd. So who was the .83% difference going to? The administrator? The sponsor? Some distributor?

Back
Top Bottom