Join Early Retirement Today

Bloggers that cater to higher income folks
Old 01-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Has anyone found a good blogger or two who focuses on the higher end FIRE net worth crowd? I think white coat investor has been a good one but I’m struggling to find another. It seems most bloggers are either “lean” fire or regular fire, not to many “fat” fire.

YeahNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
Has anyone found a good blogger or two who focuses on the higher end FIRE net worth crowd? I think white coat investor has been a good one but I’m struggling to find another. It seems most bloggers are either “lean” fire or regular fire, not to many “fat” fire.

Curious as to what your objective is? .... Need help spending money?

Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

There is a Reddit subreddit on fat fire. Not sure about any blogs other than the one you mentioned.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
Curious as to what your objective is? .... Need help spending money?
Ha, no! Just lots of nuances in life when you get past the initial stages of FIRE and it would be fun to follow. It seems that some of these bloggers get to that fat fire stage but continue the same tone/topics in their posts. Lifestyle, taxes, work, relationships, etc change a bit as you get higher up in nw....not drastically but certainly changes.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

I would be curious to find out if fat fire is worth OMY. Or did OMY just pad the legacy?
corn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #6

Financial Samurai. That's his demographic. However, not a lot of the content is all that useful.
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #7

I agree with corn18. Try Financial Samauri. He has a good writer’s voice. He lives in SF, has an MBA, worked for Goldman in NYC, then moved to a smaller investment banking firm in SF. He Fired in approx. 2012 and has been blogging since about 2009. He’s 40ish.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks guys. I have followed Financial Samauri for awhile. Seems like his content has gotten a bit stale the last year or two though. I've been searching through the Fatfire Reddit today and that has been good so far. Would be nice to find a couple bloggers though too.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Since LBYM can be learned in a day, what is the need for a blogger to tell millionaires how to be thrifty? The main thing is motivation, not skills. Earlier in this thread someone put a finger on it. LBYM is sacrifice, and not everyone is interested in sacrifice.

Ha
Old 01-05-2019, 04:34 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

The people who write for fat FIREEs are called marketers!
Old 01-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #11

I like Root of Good (I think he is on this Forum). He is a frugal person but now has substantial assets and travels all over the world. I think he is planning a 2 month trip to southeast Asia next summer. I also like Fruglewoods, also a frugal couple but they have bought a farm in the northeast and seem to be spending quit alot of money on farm upkeep and they seem to have plenty of assets.
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:51 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

With all that money, there is no need to supplement their income with a job like blogging.

While not a blog, the bogleheads.org forum is full of very wealthy people.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #13

‘Physician on fire’ is one. I think he has shown up here on er-org before. ‘The retirement manifesto’ is another that said they are fatfire (at >$100k/yr).
Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 PM   #14

I've been following Retirement Manifesto for several years. He just recently retired and shares lots of info on their travels, investment strategy, etc. Not HUGELY Fat Fire, but they're very comfortable.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieboy View Post
‘Physician on fire’ is one. I think he has shown up here on er-org before. ‘The retirement manifesto’ is another that said they are fatfire (at >$100k/yr).

That is the BIG Question here... How much do you have to spend a year to be "fatfire"..... I was thinking Private Jets and Malibu Beachfront?
Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
You're doing it wrong.

The real high net worth people pay someone to find a high net worth blog for them! That's how it done in that crowd.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #17

They don't read blogs and they don't write blogs.

They blow dough and have fun!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
I've been following Retirement Manifesto for several years. He just recently retired and shares lots of info on their travels, investment strategy, etc. Not HUGELY Fat Fire, but they're very comfortable.
Thanks, I'll check him out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
That is the BIG Question here... How much do you have to spend a year to be "fatfire"..... I was thinking Private Jets and Malibu Beachfront?
Maybe not private jets but certainly more than 100k/yr. Maybe 200-300k/yr? I haven't researched it at all to see what the internet police say.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
They don't read blogs and they don't write blogs.

They blow dough and have fun!
Or they just write non-income producing blogs about non-FIRE subjects, just for the fun of it.

Er, um, so I'm told.
googily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #20
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieboy View Post
That site refers to the campFIRE one at the bottom of the graphic he used in a recent blog entry.

eroscott is offline   Reply With Quote