Bogleheads: Closet FIRE'es?

At the moment, it appears that the median retirement age is in the 56-59 year old age category.

Better than me! I am planning to retire at 61.

An impressive 19% plan / have RE'd 50 or younger. Thanks for posting.

My plan is to retire at 60.
I think we have more very early retirees on this board. I am getting close to 25 years, all financed by investments.

But all this frugality is getting a little long in the tooth. In the future I would accept marriage proposals, but no near-rich please. I would prefer a stupendously rich widow with sailing yachts, stables, and maybe a hunting lodge in Scotland. And she has to be still at least minimally interested in the dirty.

To this party I bring reasonably good looks, fitness, wit and the requisite disdain. :)

Ha

Are we talking laundry here?

No, I can do my own laundry just fine. Recently my friend told me she would give me brandy and some nookie if I would help her move.

Hold the brandy Sugar, I can get it in any bar. But with the nookie you are talking a scarce good. (At least in my life.)

Ha

Planning on 55. DW RE at 51... I am still on the j*b.

I think we have more very early retirees on this board. I am getting close to 25 years, all financed by investments.

But all this frugality is getting a little long in the tooth. In the future I would accept marriage proposals, but no near-rich please. I would prefer a stupendously rich widow with sailing yachts, stables, and maybe a hunting lodge in Scotland. And she has to be still at least minimally interested in the dirty.

To this party I bring reasonably good looks, fitness, wit and the requisite disdain. :)

Ha

Maybe you should do a search for were the stupendously wealthy widows are ? My bets would be on Longboat Key . I don't know about hunting lodges but most of them have apartments in Manhattan .

Ha

Wow, very impressive. Your around mid 60's, right? So you retired around 40. What did you do for a living? Just curious.

I'm suprised at the poll results. I remember reading a long thread where many people on the Bogglehead forum agreed it was wrong to retire early. Most thought of it as a civic duty to remain a "productive" member of society.

It's because our board is continuing to pollute their board.

The turnout of those under 50 at our last Bogleheads meeting was much higher than the one before. I told several people about this site at the prior meeting as well. We'll win them over yet.

I'm suprised at the poll results. I remember reading a long thread where many people on the Bogglehead forum agreed it was wrong to retire early. Most thought of it as a civic duty to remain a "productive" member of society.

Retired at 52 and remain a "productive" member of society thru volunteer work. No desire to cash another pay check. While there are certainly financial hurdles to be considered, the psychological ones are not as openly discussed.

Retired? Nah, I'm just a free agent. Every day is Saturday.

Retired at 55 and remain an unproductive member of society. Total slacker if you will.:D

Ha
It's a great accomplishment to have retired so early. If you are looking for a rich widow, here is an ad from Humor Planet that you might be interested :2funny::
[FONT=MS Sans Serif, Helvetica]A rich lonely widow decided that she needed another man in her life so she placed an ad, which read something like this:

RICH WIDOW LOOKING FOR MAN TO SHARE LIFE AND FORTUNE WITH.
QUALIFICATIONS:

1) WON'T BEAT ME UP
2) WON'T RUN AWAY
3) HAS TO BE GREAT IN BED

For several months, her phone rang off the hook, her doorbell was ringing constantly, she received tons of mail, etc., all to no avail: none seemed to match her qualifications.

Then one day the doorbell rang yet again. She opened the door to find a man with no arms and no legs lying on the welcome mat.

Perplexed, she asked, "Who are you? And what do you want?"

"Hi," he said, "your search is over, for I'm the man of your dreams. I've got no arms so I can't beat you up and no legs so I can't run away."

"Well then", she said, "what makes you think that you're so great in bed?"

To which he replied, "Well, I rang the doorbell, didn't I?"
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom