bought uso and fnagx

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
just snatched up us oil and fidelity natural gas.....after the whopper of a drop my gut feeling tells me the while i see no reason gold should continue its climb oil and gas are a different matter.....with oil being put under great demand and is really becoming in shorter supply i think the trend will be higher...i elected to go with uso which actually owns no stock only barrels of oil ...its way less volitile than energy stocks ....i also figured with hurricane season a natural gas play wouldnt be a bad idea.....i do think the golds are done for a while,gold un-like oil isnt consumed and used up..id venture to say almost every ounce of gold ever mined is still around somewhere today

I don't disagree about the fundamental outlook for oil and gas, but do yourself a favor and keep this to a modest amount - gambling money.

brewer12345 said:
I don't disagree about the fundamental outlook for oil and gas, but do yourself a favor and keep this to a modest amount - gambling money.
Hey, no problem, Money magazine taught him how to do that...

I can't help but think that the proliferation of single commodity/currency ETFs is just about perfectly designed to help idiots retail speculators blow themselves up.

brewer12345 said:
I can't help but think that the proliferation of single commodity/currency ETFs is just about perfectly designed to help idiots retail speculators blow themselves up.
Would they be buying research subscriptions & paying commissions while they did that? Gosh, I wonder if this is a good time to buy media or brokerage stocks...

i took my profits last week at this point id say im down to about 3% left in commodities and i really dont intend to put more at this point...unlike stocks where "ITS NOT TIMING THE MARKET ,ITS TIME IN THE MARKET" that makes money commodities are really about timing the market........if it rolls back enough ill go back to 6%

Nords said:
Hey, no problem, Money magazine taught him how to do that...

ha ha actually i do owe them thanks..in the article they advised us to put 6% into gold and pcrdx which we did....i got nervous a few days before the big drop and sold gld and pcrdx at a healthy profit....i moved in afterwards with about 1/3 of what we sold off into fsngx and uso.

Back
Top Bottom