Need some help. Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet (or website) that can calculate overtime pay using California overtime rules (not FLSA) when there are two different pay rates, (ie. travel and labor paid at different rates). It's pretty straight forward when there is only one pay rate but not so simple when there are two rates. Pay period is Sunday through Saturday. For example, I'm trying to figure out what the correct pay should be for the following:
Sun - 5.25 hrs travel, Mon - 1.5 hr travel & 11 hr labor, Tues - 1 hr travel & 9.5 hr labor, Wed - 1.5 hrs travel & 10 hrs labor, Thurs - 1 hr travel, 9 hrs labor, Fri - 1.25 travel, 5 hrs labor, Sat - 6.75 travel.
Assume labor rate is paid at $30/hr and travel is paid at $15/hr. My calculations show it should be $2041.38 but not sure if that is correct.
CA overtime rules are as follows:
- 1.5 x for hours worked after 8 hours per day and up to and including 12 hours per day, and
- Double time for hours worked after 12 hours per day, and
- Overtime for hours worked after 40 straight time hours per week, and
- Applying 7th day rules, on the seventh consecutive day of work in a single work week,
- Overtime for the first 8 hours worked, and
- Double time for any additional hours more than 8 on the 7th day.