Calling the bottom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd they do that!?!?!

Markets looking pretty strong on high volume, holding near the highs almost the whole afternoon - everything looking good.

Then boom - last 30 mins - market is just knocked down HARD.

Sure looks suspicious to me!

Audrey

Razor now says 6,000. Guess we better wait until then before we go 100% equities.
Until then, here's a money maker:

1. At 3 PM Eastern time, if the Dow is down more than 200 points, do nothing. Otherwise:

2. Establish a short position on a "total market ETF" at 3 PM.

3. Cover said short position at about 3:58.

4. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

5. Profit!

Variations could be: if the market is *up* at 3 PM, buy one of those concentrated double-short ETFs and sell at 3:58.

How'd they do that!?!?!

Markets looking pretty strong on high volume, holding near the highs almost the whole afternoon - everything looking good.

Then boom - last 30 mins - market is just knocked down HARD.

Sure looks suspicious to me!

Audrey

Plunge creation team?

Yeah it definitely looks like there is a (PCT) plunge creation team in operation these days! LOL! Yesterday was spectacular!

Audrey

given the stellar effect he had on oil prices, the bottom won't be reached till Ziggy sells all equities; sell, Ziggy, sell!

Secretary Paulson did it in his afternoon speech. Until he spoke it was up 100 points and then it fell to the close.

[you're not a dirty market timer ...] if there were some mechanical thresholds that kick in when you are a certain percentage out of whack with your target allocation.
But it's only fair if you decide on those thresholds ahead of time. :)

I decided not to use thresholds, and just rebalance every Jan 2nd. One nice aspect is that although I started the year at 57% stock, I'm now at about 50%, and the gyrations don't seem quite as important at that level. Don't know if that makes sense, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Secretary Paulson did it in his afternoon speech. Until he spoke it was up 100 points and then it fell to the close.
These people really need to learn when to shut up. The markets are telling them that their "reassurances" are NOT helpful...

Did some rebalancing today by putting $150 large to work . . .

I have no idea if this is a bottom or not. But one thing I know with absolute certainty is that investing in equities today will produce better returns then investing one year ago when everyone was happy to do it.

These people really need to learn when to shut up. The markets are telling them that their "reassurances" are NOT helpful...

There is some adage that you can't tell how ignorant a person is till he opens his mouth. I personally like knowing that Paulson and Bernanke are as stupid as I suspected. After all, these are the guys spending your money. If they can't instill faith in what they are doing, perhaps you shouldn't be investing as they try to manipulate the market.

Do I want to know how you know that, cfb? :D

ta,
mews

Shoot, werent we talking about vampires?

Ohhhh....wall street...blood suckers...vampires...just a minor short circuit.

Nevermind.

I think this is a sociological (big word) experiment by CFB. He wants to see if he can get a record number of responses in a given period of time. Then he will tell us it was a joke posting the thread.

CFB,

After yesterday, do you want to call the bottom again? :cool:

Hey, I'm a seasoned marketing guy. I did say that we might have a few more down days between here and there.

If you've had your morning coffee, you'll note that 'few' is somewhat flexible, as is 'here' and 'there', and theres a lot of room in the statement "before long"... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom