Calling the bottom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotadimple: Thanks, I read the testimony.

The source of his "this time it's different" scenario is the explosion of credit that started decades ago, causing a "super bubble" that by turns engulfed and inflamed all other facets of financial life.

I view this as a somewhat similar argument to the gold and bullets crowd's denouncement of our fall off the gold standard. But there's no going back now, either to gold or to life before credit. We will not be back to "ninja loans" any time in the next 30 years, but we will be back to life as we view as normal one day. Indeed, the Fed is now focused on pumping credit back into consumer hands by any means necessary.

What is a "ninja loan"?

What is a "ninja loan"?

from wikipedia
A Ninja Loan is a type of subprime loan issued to borrowers with No Income, No Job, (and) no Assets. The phrase was coined by HCL Finance during the housing bubble of the 2000s but have gained wider notoriety due to the subprime mortgage crisis in July/August 2007 as a prime example of poor lending practiceshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_loan#cite_note-0. The term grew in usage during the 2008 financial crisis as the sub prime mortgage crisis was blamed on such loans. It works on two levels - as an acronym; and allusion to the fact that ninja loans are often defaulted on, with the borrower disappearing like a ninja. as a name for one of their finance product.

Culture, just because everyone is selling a stock and no one is buying, hence the price of the stock goes down, it does not mean that the company is going bankrupt.

If everyone is selling a stock, and no one is buying, who is everyone selling their stock to?

ha

It is difficult to speculate on a bottom. I think it depends if more bad news comes to light.

I think the current prices reflect known problems. The problem right now is that hedge funds are being forced to sell.

All this talk about bottoms is making me horny. Why don't we talk about tops for a while and bother the uptown men?

Ha

All this talk about bottoms is making me horny. Why don't we talk about tops for a while and bother the uptown men?
Ha

I'd like to talk about halter tops........:D

both my newsletters last night changed their outlook to a lower bottom than yesterday's intraday low and what they had as last week

The Big Picture blog is running a story of how we went below the triangle bottom we've been building and will go lower again. they even have a nice chart but they stretch things with their theory

from wikipedia
A Ninja Loan is a type of subprime loan issued to borrowers with No Income, No Job, (and) no Assets.

Just about every day since this subprime credit stuff surfaced I have been amazed that the financial industry would do this to itself.

What were they thinking? :mad:

same thing as when they gave these same types of loans to third world countries in the 1970's and 1980's and telecoms in the 1990's. only difference now is that joeblow finally got some free money from the banks

After yesterday's rally from lows, and now today doing the same thing, I'm starting to think we might really have a solid floor to this market. I'm not expecting us to be off to the races, but every dip is now seen as a buying opportunity vice a sign of trouble by the cash on the sidelines now.

After yesterday's rally from lows, and now today doing the same thing, I'm starting to think we might really have a solid floor to this market. I'm not expecting us to be off to the races, but every dip is now seen as a buying opportunity vice a sign of trouble by the cash on the sidelines now.

Laurence, tell me you aren't a technician too!

Well you fixed that!

Ha

Laurence, tell me you aren't a technician too!

Ha

LOL! No, not at all. This thread is just idle speculation for most of us, right? The only thing I've changed is doubling my weekly DCA into the market over the last couple of months.

I guess it just takes a failed car company or three for this market level to seem like a pleasant memory.

i've been getting 2 newsletters for the last month or so. both are technical and both are right on. one is a little more long term and if you take their position then you make more than the market up or down. i'm dumping this one.

the other one has trade triggers with up and down targets once or twice a week and if you follow them you can make very nice profits. few days ago they had 822 target for the SP500 and last night's edition is a 967 target for the SP in the near term.

Is this a covered call, leaps and puts type thing? A coworker does that, it seems like a lot of work with more risk than it initially seems. I'm going to have to check out how it's working for him.

no options

www.elliottwavetechnology.com they have free articles on safehaven and some other websites a few days or a week after the paid subscribers get them. been looking at them for a year or so and they are very good. not 100% perfect and sometimes things change fast over a day but you can outperform the indexes with them.

they have different time strategies from daily trades to holding periods of months and highlight each one every day. twice a week you get a large issue with long term charts and covering oil, gold and the dollar. three times a week you get smaller issues covering the major indexes.

Just about every day since this subprime credit stuff surfaced I have been amazed that the financial industry would do this to itself.

What were they thinking? :mad:

This is like the loan your give your kids - only these commonly become "gifts".

If it keeps going down... We will all owe the brokers when the market goes negative. Any calls for -100?

Have I ever mentioned that I hate the stock market?
img_747656_0_63a18a1c7f3248ff7f22ad65f253b77c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom