Can anyone answer a state income tax question?

Is the deduction on your Iowa return that is greater than $15,575 adjusted due to your part-time resident status in 2014 later in the return? In many states a part year resident will initially calculate taxes as if they were a resident for the entire year and then later in the return multiply that full resident tax by a percentage representing their part-time resident income.

Well, then why HIRE one? I don't. But the OP did, and he is paying for the CPA to do it right. If (in addition to paying the CPA) he has to do the taxes himself by asking around on message boards, he might as well hand that money to the first bum he sees on the street. At least, that is my opinion.

I agree 100% (except for maybe the part about the first bum), but my point was that the wisdom and expertise on this board never ceases to amaze.

Hold on a minute though... the return prepared by the associate has not been reviewed according to one of the OP's post. IMO the associate should probably not have shared the result of the return before it has been through partner review but sometimes where clients are asking they share that info prematurely... it appears that is what happened here.

Well, maybe I was premature in "going off" on the CPA firm. If they have a senior guy checking things that sounds a lot better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom