Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debinnov a View Post
I have a question about this bonus. Can I put $50,000 in in my name and $50,000 in my husband's name and get two bonuses? And for the referral bonus, could I use one of the links above for my deposit and then my husband uses my referral link so we both get the referral bonus?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk
I am still waiting for my accounts to shake out, so I don't know the answer, you have until 7/31 to have your ducks in order.

A better plan may be set an account up than use your SO's referral for a $20 bonus.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I have a question about this bonus. Can I put $50,000 in in my name and $50,000 in my husband's name and get two bonuses? And for the referral bonus, could I use one of the links above for my deposit and then my husband uses my referral link so we both get the referral bonus?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk
Though not married (the last 37 years) this is exactly what we did. The plan after waiting a month or so is to put each other on as joint, after checking again to be sure it is kosher and we will still get the two bonus amounts. Perhaps as beneficiaries - we are strictly enjoined not to croak it till then.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango1956 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. With AMEX savings, you enter your user name, then they send a text to your cell phone with a code that you then enter into the field. Then you enter the password. It's an extra layer of security for your account.
The line between is not always bright, but factors in this context are typically:
Something you know (a password)
Something you have (a cell phone, an RSA device)
Something you are (a finger print)

Access to an email account is often accepted as an additional factor, and that's mostly something you know (a userid and password). Two things you know, for instance, doesn't equate to two factors. "Secret questions" do not add a factor, they are just weak passwords.

Does this capone bonus thing have a defined end-date? My current good rate was $50k and they dropped it to $25k, but didn't yet bother to fix that.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:06 AM   #24

Quote:
I have a question about this bonus. Can I put $50,000 in in my name and $50,000 in my husband's name and get two bonuses? And for the referral bonus, could I use one of the links above for my deposit and then my husband uses my referral link so we both get the referral bonus? Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk
DH and I opened an account in each of our names after asking the bank directly if we each would receive the bonus and the answer was yes. We were told that "the primary account holder" is entitled to one bonus if they are a new account holder to the bank( no other savings accounts at CAP One 360-apparently previously owned by ING). And yes the second of the accounts that you open will earn you and your DH a bonus( 20 to the referee and 25 to the referee). Just make sure you click the Refer a friend link after you open the first account and send that link to your DH. Click on that link to open the second account. I then asked if I could add my husband as an additional owner(that link shows up on the account page once the account is open). The answer was, wait a few days to make sure that the accounts are fully opened and then add the second owner, so we can each be a second owner on each other's accounts. Not certain if we will take that step, or just leave in our names individually for the 100 days and then close both accounts.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Have people gotten their bonus? It's been over 90 days for me (account funded June 26). I see a $25 "Account Opening Bonus". No $500 bonus, just interest payments of ~$30-31/month on $50K. Just wondering what others have seen before I contact their customer service.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

I'm also trying to find some proof I have $500 coming to me. I can't find any doc in email or paper. I have a bad feeling I either did something wrong by clicking on a wrong link, or they've done some kind of bait and switch. I'm pretty sure that the referral bonus calmloki got was from me though. Again, looking to see how others have fared on this deal. Maybe it takes a bit of extra time for the bonus to be posted?
Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #27

My 90th day was yesterday. I recall reading that the bonus would take about 10 days to post.
Golden sunsets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Just checked on mine. My account shows being opened on June 15, and the $500 bonus posted Sept 30. I was nervous yesterday when it hadn't shown yet. They did say it could take 15 days to post the bonus, so they are pretty right on.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

OK, thanks, I'll sit tight for a couple of weeks.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:24 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

I am going to do this deal for for two individual accounts $50K each. I will use that link on the first page to give someone $25.

Going to try and churn $100k for as long as possible so find us a new deal around March 2016 please!
Fermion is offline   Reply With Quote