Join Early Retirement Today

CapOne 360 savings offer serious money
Old 06-24-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

CapOne 360 savings offer serious money

I had been waiting for a deal on a saving bonus with Discover or CapOne here it is. $500 for a deposit of $50000 for 90 days.

https://r.capitalone360.com/yf4sg7h8ya

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm already in and posted on this - bonus posts 10-15 days after account open and other language makes me think "105 days before REALLY able to close", but a good place to park ready cash. My gal and I are both going in on this - it will be our short term cash buffer. Joint accounts are ok, but only the primary can get the bonus, so we will wait a while before cross-putting each other as joint on the two accounts. As a little extra juice I used their "refer-a-friend" link for her account to get us each an extra $25. https://home.capitalone360.com/refer...ave=d7MX7qQGuY
(use of the above link gets new users AND ME an extra $25, so be aware)

Old 06-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #3

Couldn't they think of a better name? Yeah, I'll give my money to an outfit called Capone!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Couldn't they think of a better name? Yeah, I'll give my money to an outfit called Capone!
The name is just an extra treat for me - and you know I call them Capone. We've had a different savings account with them since 1/12/2010, back when they were paying 1.65% for $15,000 accounts - PLUS a quarterly bonus per our Quicken memo area.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
I'm already in and posted on this - bonus posts 10-15 days after account open and other language makes me think "105 days before REALLY able to close", but a good place to park ready cash. My gal and I are both going in on this - it will be our short term cash buffer. Joint accounts are ok, but only the primary can get the bonus, so we will wait a while before cross-putting each other as joint on the two accounts. As a little extra juice I used their "refer-a-friend" link for her account to get us each an extra $25. https://home.capitalone360.com/refer...ave=d7MX7qQGuY
(use of the above link gets new users AND ME an extra $25, so be aware)
Do you happen to know if Cap one has two factor authentication for login? I like that about my current AMEX savings acct.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Dang...I moved a huge chunk of cash in there a few weeks ago. What are the chances I can take it out and redeposit the money to get the bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 06-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Just checked and all I needed to do was enter user name and password. So that wouldn't be two factor? They also show details of both the old account I am joint on as well as the new CapOne360 savings account in my name alone.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI by 2024 View Post
Dang...I moved a huge chunk of cash in there a few weeks ago. What are the chances I can take it out and redeposit the money to get the bonus?
Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Dunno what your chances are, but I'd be giving a call and the old college try for the bonus. From the CapOne360 site:

New Customers: 1-800-289-1992 (8 AM – 8 PM, 7 days a week)
Existing Customers: 1-888-464-0727 (8 AM – 8 PM, 7 days a week)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Just checked and all I needed to do was enter user name and password. So that wouldn't be two factor? They also show details of both the old account I am joint on as well as the new CapOne360 savings account in my name alone.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. With AMEX savings, you enter your user name, then they send a text to your cell phone with a code that you then enter into the field. Then you enter the password. It's an extra layer of security for your account.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Joint accounts are ok, but only the primary can get the bonus, so we will wait a while before cross-putting each other as joint on the two accounts.
The fine print says:
Quote:
If you’ve had a Savings product with Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.
So opening a joint account later for the bonus likely won't qualify since you already have a savings account from the first bonus.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Wow, with the bonus and 0.75% interest rate makes an effective rate of 4.4% for 105 days or so. (if my math and the offer are correct)

Beware the fine print:
If you’ve had a Savings product with Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.

So, i guess I'm out.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpack View Post
Wow, with the bonus and 0.75% interest rate makes an effective rate of 4.4% for 105 days or so. (if my math and the offer are correct)

Beware the fine print:

So, i guess I'm out.
Note that it says Capital One 360. You can qualify if you had a different Capone product, as we did.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

We nabbed a $750 bonus earlier this year...and some smaller ones a few years ago, such as a $250 IRA contribution. At this point we each have a checking and savings account, a brokerage account, and an IRA account and there is nowhere else to go unless we start signing up minors and pets.

'Twas good while it lasted.

Also, their customer service people are quite nice.

Amethyst
Old 06-25-2015, 11:48 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
We nabbed a $750 bonus earlier this year...and some smaller ones a few years ago, such as a $250 IRA contribution. At this point we each have a checking and savings account, a brokerage account, and an IRA account and there is nowhere else to go unless we start signing up minors and pets.

'Twas good while it lasted.

Also, their customer service people are quite nice.

Amethyst
But do you have a CapOne360 account or some other flavor CapOne savings account? If not named CapOne 360 you should qualify. BTW, had the gal sign up this morning via the link I posted and CapOne stuck the extra $25 in her account as soon as she funded the account. My account shows two $20 referral bonus deposits today, I figure one for the gal and one from someone else on this board - so thank you mysterious stranger!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango1956 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. With AMEX savings, you enter your user name, then they send a text to your cell phone with a code that you then enter into the field. Then you enter the password. It's an extra layer of security for your account.
That is two-factor authorization (2FA), as you said, for AMEX.
Found an interesting page that shows who supports what category of authorization.
https://twofactorauth.org/
Old 06-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Unfortunately, it's all Capone. Sorry, no referral bonus from the Amethyst cave!

Quote:
But do you have a CapOne360 account or some other flavor CapOne savings account? If not named CapOne 360 you should qualify. BTW, had the gal sign up this morning via the link I posted and CapOne stuck the extra $25 in her account as soon as she funded the account. My account shows two $20 referral bonus deposits today, I figure one for the gal and one from someone else on this board - so thank you mysterious stranger!
Old 06-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #17

Do I correctly assume you receive a 1099 for the bonus amount? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:26 AM   #18
Full time employment: Posting here.

You will get a 1099-INT for the bonus for every checking/savings acccount offer.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #19
Full time employment: Posting here.

I wanted to chime in and say that in using this link,

https://home.capitalone360.com/referafriend?save=uTV2ngsGJH$E

between the bonus and referral fees from my husband, mother and daughter that we will earn a return of 4.609% on a $100,000 for 105 days. Thanks to the original poster.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:04 AM   #20
Recycles dryer sheets

I have a question about this bonus. Can I put $50,000 in in my name and $50,000 in my husband's name and get two bonuses? And for the referral bonus, could I use one of the links above for my deposit and then my husband uses my referral link so we both get the referral bonus?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk