Cash Positions

Thursday 30 October of what year? :angel:

Ooops! I'm losing track not needing to keep up with time. Meant to say the 27th.
We've also bought a 6 month supply of Mexican Pesos as the dollar has appreciated like crazy down here over the past few months. Hasn't done this but once in a long time...2008 :eek:

Recently sold some stock, so too much cash now at 23%, or about 16 years (yeah, years) of living expenses. Not real excited about my 1% return, but don't want to do anything big and stupid with the cash right now either.

Semi-retired at 46 with my little used car lot. :)

If my little used car lot goes under I have about 10 years in expenses in cash. If my rent houses burn down and the car lot goes under I have about 7 years in cash.

I have about 15% in cash, which to me means assets whose value does not fluctuate day to day.
Post WW II, the value of your cash assets (US $)has declined considerably vs many of the other cash assets worldwide- eg. JPY has gone from over 300 per USD to under 79 per USD.

Last edited:
Post WW II, the value of your cash assets (US $)has declined considerably vs many of the other cash assets worldwide- eg. JPY has gone from over 300 per USD to under 79 per USD.

Given the amount of international investing that was being done in that era by the typical American investor, did that fact really matter? I would think most thought of their wealth, or lack thereof, relative to their neighbors, or at worst, other Americans.

But today, yeah sure, it makes sense to internationally diversify. My "cash equivalents" aren't necessary foreign but, speaking for me, I have enough foreign exposure to address falling dollar issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom