cd in pennsylvania

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was looking at banking my way and saw a cd on their map rated at 4% but couldn't find it. anybody know how to find the place.

Probably a teaser rate either limited for a very short time (30 to 90 days) and/or amount of money 1k to 10k). If you find a 4% FDIC insured jumbo CD rate good for 3 to 5 years, then please let us know.

Last edited:
I will let you know and thanks for the reply.

There was a similar thread a while ago. Same deal it was a teaser add, you had to live in one or two countries in PA. for that one, seemed like I remember other limits too.

A committed ERer would move for 4% 5 year CD return. I still remember fondly that 3% PenFed CD offer a few Christmases back, I so wish a hundred thousand more was parked there.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I found it. It's in Philadelphia. I'm not familiar with cd's. I've just bought my first one. How do you find out all the details about this cd, there's not much information.
Get the best rates on mortgage, home equity loans, CD, money markets and checking accounts | BankingMyWay

American Heritage Federal Credit Union
in Philadelphia, PA

American Heritage Federal Credit Union has a 4 month CD that has an APY of 4.000%.
You'll need a minimum investment of $1000.00.

American Heritage Federal Credit Union only accepts local funds.
This is a special offer and may not last long.
American Heritage Federal Credit Union is insured by either FDIC or NCUA.

Just went on their web site. It is indeed a 4 month cd and the max amount of deposit is only $2000.00

Last edited:
So, you can make $26 in four months. Teaser.

The sign up bonus on trading sites is much better.

I'm looking for longer term investments

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

A committed ERer would move for 4% 5 year CD return. I still remember fondly that 3% PenFed CD offer a few Christmases back, I so wish a hundred thousand more was parked there.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Yeah, that PenFed CD had me moving 95% of my bond allocation there. You still can't find a 5yr CD paying more than a little over 2%.

Makes me long for the days of the free toaster with your 1 year 6% CD (min. $500.) YMMV

sooner or later they will raise the short term rates. I just hope a lot of savers don't go broke before the increase.

Back
Top Bottom