Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Charles Nenner - Dow 5000
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Charles Nenner - Dow 5000

Just when I thought it was safe to come out from under my bed along comes another prognosticator getting air time and telling us the end is near. The good news is he says it will get better by 2020

http://http://finance.yahoo.com/tech...c,qqqq,dia,iwm
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So, he has personally shorted the Dow with how much of his own money?
BigNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Everyone has an opinion...but is a prediction like this really that far out of the realm of possibilities considering the fact that the Dow was around 6600 in March '09? With all of the bad news out there (high unemployment, slowing economy, 2 continuing wars, high federal deficits with no end in sight, more and more home foreclosures, etc, etc, etc), I'm actually kind of surprised that the Dow is over 10,000. I personally would be a little surprised to see the Dow go as low as 5000, but 7000-8000 would not surprise me at all.
DallasGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Didn't someone post his prediction a week or two ago?

Was it 2005 or thereabouts that Bill Gross of Pimco predicted DOW 5000 in the near future? Well he was almost right a few years later.

Audrey
Old 07-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
The euro rocketed to a two-month high of $1.29 and sterling jumped two cents to almost $1.54 after the Fed confessed that the US economy may not recover for five or six years. Far from winding down emergency stimulus, the bank may need a fresh blast of bond purchases or quantitative easing.
This is a quote from this article Fed's volte face sends the dollar tumbling - Telegraph

With the Fed supposedly throwing in the towel, who knows where the stock market could end up. In these times one can only count on today, who knows what will happen tomorrow. I for one am keeping my current 50/50 equity/income index portfolio. What else can one do other then sell everything and buy gold or put the cash under your mattress.http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ilies/hide.gif
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
C.S. Lewis
crispus is offline   Reply With Quote