Chart of Withdrawal Rate - Success Rate - Yrs Retired

...(snip)...
Midpack,
Thanks for the groovy chart. I used to be able to make really great charts and graphs with Excel, then they "improved" it and got rid of the chart wizard. Too bad, as it worked really well. Down the Microsoft Memory Hole, along with File Manager.
I'm still using Excel Chart Wizard. Guess it's 2007. Now I have no incentive to go into the newer versions unless there is something in the new versions that does it better.

I'm still using Excel Chart Wizard. Guess it's 2007. Now I have no incentive to go into the newer versions unless there is something in the new versions that does it better.
No, stick with what you've got. Excel got worse after that 2007 release (IMO).

This MS Excel Blog talks about the elimination of Chart Wizard and how much "better" things are in Excel 2010 with everything located on the "ribbon". Looking at the chart below--sure doesn't look better to me. Idiots.

http://blogs.office.com/***-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles/00-00-00-00-44/0181.Chart-Wizard-Table.jpg

No, stick with what you've got. Excel got worse after that 2007 release (IMO). ...

FYI, I just got curious, and LibreOffice can do a 3D chart like the one in the OP, very easily through its 'Chart Wizard'.

Fortunately, they don't seem to blindly follow what seems to be the MS motto of 'let's make the new release different, not better'.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom