Chase Bank Account Bonus

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So my DW took advantage of one of their bonuses not too long ago and it netted us a cool $300 bucks. Now, I got a new coupon to open a Premier Checking. Fine print:

Min balance (to avoid $25/mo fee): 15,000
Must have either 1) direct deposit of some sort or 2) Chase mortgage (first lien position only).

After 1st direct deposit is received, $400 bonus deposited to the account (this is the largest offer I have seen for a single checking account at Chase) within 10 days. Must keep account open for 6 months. So...even if you didn't maintain the min balance, then you would net $250 for parking $25 in a account for 6 months. Pretty good deal!

They will send a 1099.

I haven't seen any of the codes pop up online yet, but I would guess they will be out there pretty soon.

OK...gotta go to Chase and open an account. :D

I opened the $15k savings account for $200. Opted not to do the checking account since they required direct deposit. I don't want to futz around with changing my direct deposit from Vanguard or my husband's upcoming pension. I think I have another 45 days until I can close out the savings account and collect my $200 :)

I opened the $15k savings account for $200. Opted not to do the checking account since they required direct deposit. I don't want to futz around with changing my direct deposit from Vanguard or my husband's upcoming pension. I think I have another 45 days until I can close out the savings account and collect my $200 :)

Ask if an ACH transfer from Vanguard will be considered a direct deposit, If so you can set up monthly transfers from VG for the minimum direct deposit amount Chase may require.

I think that these days, at least in my area, opening the Chase savings account for a several hundred dollar bonus and no real activity requirements nor significant minimum balance is the sweet spot with this bank.

I had also done the checking account in the past but since then they have added additional requirements to their checking account promotions.

-gauss

we not only opened the savings account and got a few hundred bucks but they up graded our chase credit card from our older one and we got 20,000 points for doing so .

I took advantage of a $150 bonus offer a couple years ago. No direct deposit required. I transferred $15,000 into a saving account from Fidelity. When it was all said and done, with having to make a couple trips to the branch, enduring calls from their "wealth advisor" and paying my higher bracket taxes on the $150, I am not sure it was all worth it.

I took advantage of a $150 bonus offer a couple years ago. No direct deposit required. I transferred $15,000 into a saving account from Fidelity. When it was all said and done, with having to make a couple trips to the branch, enduring calls from their "wealth advisor" and paying my higher bracket taxes on the $150, I am not sure it was all worth it.

The DW didn't get any calls from them.

Incidentally, does anyone know if they pull credit to open an account? I need to know since my reports are frozen...I would hate to have to make two trips!

The DW didn't get any calls from them.

Incidentally, does anyone know if they pull credit to open an account? I need to know since my reports are frozen...I would hate to have to make two trips!

I would assume that they do. I opened up accounts with them a few years back for the bonus via the Internet. Not to soon thereafter I received notification that Chase has unilaterally dedicated to close my account. It was kind of scary. I went into a branch office and the manager tried to get the account reopened. In the end she was successful. I believe that the people in the back office on the other side of the phone told the lady that they couldn't find out anything about me. She informed them that I have had credit cards issued by them for years.

It took a few hours but eventually I got what I wanted (the bonus and convinced that I was still allowed to participate in the banking system).

-gauss

not one call from chase , ever

I made use of that $300 checking account deal last year. Only needed direct deposit and keep $1500 minimum balance. Chase has always had a lot of branches near me but they've even added to that number in the last decade. They have nine stand-alone branches within a three mile radius of my home! I thought the trend was away from full service branches. Oh well, it works for me. Our HOA has their account with Chase and I'm the treasurer. I like their online banking. Nice to have access to deposit images as well as checks written. Only one sign-in gives me access to the HOA as well as my own account. All the branches near me have drive-though tellers, a big plus IMHO and a major drawback to the credit union I also use.

Back
Top Bottom