Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Class of 2016
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
gone traveling

Class of 2016

Hi future FIRERs
I am planning to FIRE in 2016 and thought it would be neat to have other class of 2016'ers share their plans, thoughts, concerns etc on this thread.
Would be interesting to share our stories on how we are progressing, our anxieties, triumphs and setbacks as we travel this exciting road.
Even if you're not in the class of 2016, hop on board the thread. Every opinion and experience is valuable.

Cheers

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Confused about dryer sheets

2016 sounds about right for me. Count me in ... gotta peg a date sometime. Thx.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
gone traveling

Am thinking of seeing a financial planner. i'm not sure of the best way to allocate investments in order to minimize taxes when I FIRE. Has anyone had experience with Financial Planners. I hear you have to be careful in choosing the right one. Plenty of fly by nighters out there.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #4

There's already a class of 2016 thread. (I keep track of a few threads since I'm all over the map on when to pull the plug. Maybe 2013 if I get a severance package this year... Or as late as 2016.... Hoping it's before that.

Class of 2016
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
There's already a class of 2016 thread. (

Class of 2016
Hey - thanks. Didn't realise there was one there already. I guess we should shut this down and mosey on down to that one
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #6

Closing this thread -- please use the link above for this one.

And yes, I plan to be "class of 2016" too!

"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Closed Thread