Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: The maximum I ever spent on an item of clothing was.....
<$100 7 6.86%
$100-$199 17 16.67%
$200-$399 37 36.27%
$400-$599 13 12.75%
$600-$799 11 10.78%
$800-$999 7 6.86%
$1000 or more 10 9.80%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2014, 07:10 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
I was single-handedly the cause of the imposition of a dress code at one of my employers. This was a small shop (a dozen people) which rarely saw clients face to face. They told me there was no dress code so I took them at their word. Whatever I grabbed out of the drawer when I got dressed at 4:45AM was what I showed up in. Apparently the last straw was when I showed up in a pair of stained shorts and a t shirt developing small holes that had a picture of fishing gear with the caption "The Way To a Fisherman's Heart Is Through His Fly." The next day we had a dress code that amounted to business casual.
It's always gratifying when you know you've had an influence on the bureaucracy.

This thread reminds me - I need to buy some short sleeve pullover shirts, often referred to as "golf shirts" since I'm down to three that are barely suitable for wear in public. They are clearly not new. The problem is that I insist on a shirt pocket and for some reason those are sometimes hard to find at a reasonable price.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

For a pocket protector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
The problem is that I insist on a shirt pocket and for some reason those are sometimes hard to find at a reasonable price.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #63
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
It's always gratifying when you know you've had an influence on the bureaucracy.

This thread reminds me - I need to buy some short sleeve pullover shirts, often referred to as "golf shirts" since I'm down to three that are barely suitable for wear in public. They are clearly not new. The problem is that I insist on a shirt pocket and for some reason those are sometimes hard to find at a reasonable price.
Shortly before I retired in 2009, Academy had a sale on my favorite men's polo shirts at $1.44 or $2.88 each. I scored at that sale, and I probably have 20-30 polo shirts in a rainbow of colors, some of which I can't imagine most guys ever wearing. Some have stripes and some are in solid colors. None have pockets, though.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Some have stripes and some are in solid colors. None have pockets, though.
If you are handy..

Oh the lovely things: 10 Minutes DIY: No Sew Pocket T-Shirt