COLA Watch

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) registered its sixth straight monthly increase in May - 0.8% above April's value. The CPI now stands at 2.3% above its starting point at the beginning of the fiscal year in October 2006..

The Consumer Price Index (CPI) registered its sixth straight monthly increase in May - 0.8% above April's value. The CPI now stands at 2.3% above its starting point at the beginning of the fiscal year in October 2006..
If it continues on that pace to at least 3.5% then my pension COLA will match or exceed my spouse's military wage raise for the third year in a row. Being retired will have garnered a bigger raise than working.

But it'll probably settle down closer to the recent 2.5-3% averages.

If it continues on that pace to at least 3.5% then my pension COLA will match or exceed my spouse's military wage raise for the third year in a row.

I guess it's the CPI vs the EPI. Did you take SBP? I did, and think it was the right choice for wife and I. For survivors who are 62 they recently raised it to 55% of retired pay.

I guess it's the CPI vs the EPI. Did you take SBP? I did, and think it was the right choice for wife and I. For survivors who are 62 they recently raised it to 55% of retired pay.
Nah, spouse has her own Reserve pension in 15 years and it's shaping up to be at least as good as mine. I'd ask for SBP but if I wanted to outlive her genes I'd have to take matters into my own hands!

The SBP has become a much better program over the last 10 years. Between that and the TSP it's almost enough to restore your faith in large bureaucracies...

Back
Top Bottom