Comrade President George Bush
Old 03-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Comrade President George Bush

From each, according to his ability.

To each, according to his need.

G. Bush

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
Consult with only myself as your adviser or representative. My thoughts should be construed as investment advice of the highest caliber. Past performance is but a pale shadow and guarantee of even greater results in the future.
barbarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Soon we will be only able to have a choice of gray dishes and white dishes. But at least the vodka might be good.

Comrade Notmuchlonger
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

The good news if this plan goes through, we won't have to worry about the deflation thread. I sure hope the goverment can keep debating these proposal until the problem corrects itself. Isn't it about time Congress adjurns, there is an election coming up.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:59 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Buying votes!

This is another debacle waiting to happen. GWB was the one who pushed the Mortgage companies to lend to people on the edge in the first place.

Fact Sheet: President Bush Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Homeownership

This man is an utter disappointment in all ways. He is not even sticking to his ultra-conservative principles. I smell a bail-out at tax payers expense.
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaco View Post
Buying votes!

This is another debacle waiting to happen. GWB was the one who pushed the Mortgage companies to lend to people on the edge in the first place.

Fact Sheet: President Bush Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Homeownership

This man is an utter disappointment in all ways. He is not even sticking to his ultra-conservative principles. I smell a bail-out at tax payers expense.
There isn't a decent one in the bunch...they all make me sick to even look at them with their lying mouths flapping...They are all a bunch of Judas's selling our country down the river for thier own gain.

Kathyet
kathyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyet View Post
There isn't a decent one in the bunch...they all make me sick to even look at them with their lying mouths flapping...They are all a bunch of Judas's selling our country down the river for thier own gain.

Kathyet
You know how to tell if a politician is lying?

When their mouth is moving!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #7

Did you read what you posted? Just wondering.

re president bushes fact sheet

Jim
jimnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I sure hope the goverment can keep debating these proposal until the problem corrects itself.
I think that is the most likely outcome. The Fed has been free to jump into the breach as necessary and they stuck it to Congress to pass the handout stimulus bill on the double, but I don't see them agitating for any of this regulatory nonsense. Congress and the pResident will likely get bogged down in election year politics and interest group trench warfare, and this will likely sort itself out before they can agree to anything too harmful.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnjana View Post
Did you read what you posted? Just wondering.

re president bushes fact sheet

Jim
Yes. Matter of fact a number of folks in the news media are pointing out the connection between the low interest rates of the last several years, the push for lenders to accommodate risky borrowers as being part (not all) of the catalyst leading up to the sub-prime crisis. I saw an interview with a lender that did not get into trouble with this that indicates that there was significant pressure encouragement to begin figuring out how to lend to people with lower incomes. This resulted in regulators being more lenient, etc, etc.

Of course some greedy lenders were part of the problem... can't blame miscreant behavior on GWB.

Can't you read between the lines? Just Wondering?

Oh... and if you can't tell. I am not a fan of GWB.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #10

"The concept is similar to elements in legislation proposed earlier this month by U.S. Representative Barney Frank, a Massachusetts Democrat and chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, the newspaper said"

Dont worry they all want to buy your vote

But silly me I forgot its easier to blame The devil Bush.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote