Corporate Retirements and Healthcare

What definition of "earned income" are you using? And again they are "getting" the income. I'm expecting we'll hear about "winners of life's lottery" next.

I think it's charming that the writers of our tax laws and the IRS apparently believe that someone who puts his money at risk in an investment or who buys, fixes up, and sells a property didn't "earn" the resultant gains.

If you put your hand on the hammer its earned. If you sit on your yacht while someone else uses the hammer, it's unearned.. Not too hard to understand there is a difference

If you put your hand on the hammer its earned. If you sit on your yacht while someone else uses the hammer, it's unearned.. Not too hard to understand there is a difference

Ridculous. And now all 'rich' taxpayers apparently sit on yachts. Class envy plain and simple.

'Poor' people use hammers and 'earn' their money so they should not have to pay anything in taxes. 'Rich' people sit on yachts and 'get' their money so they should have to pay all the taxes.

Up is down. Left is right. Wrong is right. Makes no common sense.

Ridculous. And now all 'rich' taxpayers apparently sit on yachts. Class envy plain and simple.

'Poor' people use hammers and 'earn' their money so they should not have to pay anything in taxes. 'Rich' people sit on yachts and 'get' their money so they should have to pay all the taxes.

Up is down. Left is right. Wrong is right. Makes no common sense.

Not what I said, but nothing like a good rant. I simply pointed out the difference.
In the earlier post I pointed out that many poor people have unearned income also. But owning a sports team is not the same thing as plying on the field.
Sitting on a chair watching someone work is not the same as working

Not what I said, but nothing like a good rant. I simply pointed out the difference.
In the earlier post I pointed out that many poor people have unearned income also. But owning a sports team is not the same thing as plying on the field.
Sitting on a chair watching someone work is not the same as working

Well, apparently I'm a 'rich' person who pays taxes so hopefully that gives me a right to rant. I'd keep on ranting but I'm headed for a cruise on my yacht after a long day of sitting in my chair watching people work.

The person who buys the hammer for the worker and thereby benefits the worker and society--didn't "earn" his/her money.
"Earned income" being produced

1251691911BqDs4U.jpg

We_Smite_The_Lazy_Worker_Vintage_Russian_Soviet_World_War_Two_WW2_WWII_Military_Propaganda_MOUSE_PAD.jpeg

"We Smite the Lazy"--with our hammers!

The person who buys the hammer for the worker and thereby benefits the worker and society--didn't "earn" his/her money.
"Earned income" being produced

1251691911BqDs4U.jpg

We_Smite_The_Lazy_Worker_Vintage_Russian_Soviet_World_War_Two_WW2_WWII_Military_Propaganda_MOUSE_PAD.jpeg

"We Smite the Lazy"--with our hammers!

If it can be done by a trust, i.e. a juridical person, it's not earned income.

Or, if you lecture at university about people who manufacture widgets, your income is unearned. If you make widgets, your income is earned.

Isn't that how it goes? Those that talk about it earn nothing. Those that do it earn.

Or, if you lecture at university about people who manufacture widgets, your income is unearned. If you make widgets, your income is earned.

Isn't that how it goes? Those that talk about it earn nothing. Those that do it earn.

No , Actors, singers ,lawyers, professors,consultants, stockbrokers , real estate agents etc earn their money by talking.

Trusts cannot do these things. A trust can invest money. .

A trust cann

No , Actors, singers ,lawyers, professors,consultants, stockbrokers , real estate agents etc earn their money by talking.
You're close but need to remove "professors" from the list. They need to stop talking about it and start doing it if their income is going to be "earned."

Just stopped back by and see the arguments are becoming a tad ad hominem. That tends to close minds.

You're close but need to remove "professors" from the list. They need to stop talking about it and start doing it if their income is going to be "earned."

C'mon guys - if the government calls it "earned income" it's earned income. The difference between types of jobs is not germane here. IMHO, of course.

Back
Top Bottom