Corus Bank Update (8/25) 12 months 4.52% APY

Profitable? It looks like inflation is currently running at an annualized rate of 4.2%. Still, it's better than the sharp stick in the eye of the last couple years.

wabmester said:
Profitable? It looks like inflation is currently running at an annualized rate of 4.2%. Still, it's better than the sharp stick in the eye of the last couple years.

WM,
I wasn't implying this was a profitable option and yes, for the last several years, the only choices for your short term money was putting it in a bank or your mattress. Didn't seem to make much of a difference. :-\

...the only choices for your short term money was putting it in a bank or your mattress.
Isn't what you are suggesting to put the money in a bank (Corus Bank)?

Spanky said:
Isn't what you are suggesting to put the money in a bank (Corus Bank)?

I was refering to short term money interest rates several years ago that were so low that there didn't seem to be a difference between putting your money under your mattress or in a bank.
Other then that, I'm not suggesting anything. :confused: :-\

Thanks for the link MJ, some folks may not appreciate, but I do. Keep posting them! :)

Thanks, MJ. I'm going to look in to that. I have some cash I need to stash......

As I am not a very knowledgeable or wise investor yet, the best I can do is alert the forum of CD updates.

I must confess, I also play the CEO of Corus Bank on a well known daytime soap, 8) so keep my role alive, buy those CDs. Thank you for your support.

Back
Top Bottom