Count Down With Me...

Congratulations! I love to hear stories like this. I'm still 12-18 months away but counting down everyday.

Mwsinron said:
Market looks pretty solid up till 2007 summer...
Uh...how dya know? Also, The Market is big, and not all of it goes up at once--which parts are going up? Are you including foreign?

astromeria said:
Uh...how dya know? Also, The Market is big, and not all of it goes up at once--which parts are going up? Are you including foreign?
Maybe he's just referring to the Berkshire Hathaway part...

astromeria said:
The Market is big, and not all of it goes up at once--which parts are going up?

Whichever parts I am invested in, of course. ;)

astromeria said:

Well you can look at earnings right now and guess about Q4 of this year and Q1 of next year. Sorry but my crystal ball putters out for Q2. IE the market looks solid up till the summer.

ARGH. :mad: Going backwards: Need $4,660 now!
Might have to go sell some blood or something. ;)

The election buzz seems to be good for the market - I'm back down to a mere $1,400 to go. Must be something around here I can sell...

Depending on how the results go, I may need to get a buzz to console myself.

However the results go, a little election day buzz is a good thing. Sort of like feeling full after Thanksgiving dinner. You wouldn't want to do it everyday, but it's a good thing that day!

Congrats Sheryl.

The market has been good recently... I stopped working 8 months ago and it is quite satisfying to see my net worth higher now by a couple of years worth of spending.

A couple years - woo hoo!

Once I get to "ground zero" I will probably buy a car, which will then put me back $20k again - but then I'll work 12 more months, so I should be well above my goal again by this time next year. Want to have the paid-off new vehicle before FIREing.

Hit FI! Now to RE...

As of last night I was at $286 to go.

Today will certainly push me over the line, even without tomorrow's paycheck!

Have a glass of bubbly in my honor. :)

Sheryl said:
As of last night I was at $286 to go.

Today will certainly push me over the line, even without tomorrow's paycheck!

Have a glass of bubbly in my honor. :)

Congratulations!

That dripping sound you hear is me drooling with envy ;).

Enjoy it and be sure to chronicle your transition often.

Well, I was there last night - $181 over my goal. As for today's market results...

:::::::::::::::::::::nanananana::::::::::::::::::I can't hear you::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Close enough!

Thanks for all the support and cheers!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Now you can enjoy the rest of your last working year. :)

I don't remember where I congratulated you yet, but he goes anyway.............Congrats Sheryl..............YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

audreyh1 said:
So - no temptations to "pad" your nest [egg]?

Well, in a way, yes. :) We are still planning to work one more year (at least) so we will pile up some extra nesting material. ;) But probably spending it, too. For us the actual stopping working is harder than the collecting of the money. All the psychological implications, and "what if's" But we have a year to try to work through that.

Sheryl,

If you don't mind me asking - what were the numbers you put into firecalc?

Back
Top Bottom