Credit Cards with good perks??

I just received this reply from a Discover rep when asked about their protection offers:

...yes Auto Rental Insurance, Extended Product Warranty, Flight Accident Insurance, Purchase Protection, Return Guarantee will be discontinued . This will be Effective February 28, 2018 due to low customer usage. Does this information help?

Bold added by me for emphasis.
I can't recommend Discover anymore. That's too much to give up, and one of the best reasons to use a credit card. :nonono:

Looked at that yesterday and don't find the (BofA card point bump offer) anymore. Which could be lack of skill, but was hoping our Merrill cards would work.

Thinking about it more I don’t think I’ll bother. I’m getting 2% to 6% in the US already depending on the category and it would difficult to figure out which assets to transfer.

Pretty much any issuer except: USAA, PenFed, NavyFCU and other credit union affiliated banks.

I don't know of any large commercial issuers that "require" what you speak of. I have had Bank of America and Chase cards that didn't require me to have a separate account.

The Fidelity 2% VISA requires you to have a Fidelity account to get the 2%.
You don't have to have a Fidelity acct to get the VISA, but in that case, you only get 1%.

I got the Fidelity acct yrs ago because I had to...... to get a sign up bonus of some sort. After that bonus was received, the account balance was $2 for many yrs (too lazy to close acct). Came in handy belatedly when this card and 2% rewards came around....w/ a small sign up bonus too.
I

Back
Top Bottom