Credit markets seem to be slowly healing

I find this constant mention of tinfoil hats here disrespectful, demeaning and very condescending. It really sends the wrong message to the younger, newer members.

Tinfoil was replaced with aluminum years ago - the correct term is "aluminum foil hat". AFDB for the more technically inclined.

Please...

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

Michael

Back when I was at NASA they were referred to as "tinfoil hats" even though they were all made out of aluminum foil. I think its more the tradition of the device.

Back when I was at NASA they were referred to as "tinfoil hats" even though they were all made out of aluminum foil. I think its more the tradition of the device.

Sure. Heck, we still call it "Coca-Cola" even though it hasn't contained cocaine for a century or so...

So, what are you saying? You think banks and CU's are spending advertising dollars to bring in heloc and mortgage customers, but when the customers get there it turns out they were only kidding and don't want the business?

I'm not inside the bank, so I can only guess what they are doing. A simple explanation is that the advertising group is a little more disconnected from the lending business than you imply. What I was trying to suggest was that my simple example of a slam-dunk HELOC being more difficult than expected means that the loan business may be starting to come back some places but not here. Likewise, if this is an improvement from the worst it was, it is still a long way from "healed" and might take a while to really be back to normal (whatever that it).

Back
Top Bottom