Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
I only listed the results for 2013, but I actually got all yearly results for the last 10 years (which are all different than Morningstar reports).

To see the yearly results you have to compare two portfolios. Make up 2 portfolios and save them. Then go to "tools" and then "compare portfolios". I put in 120 months and backtested. It gives you both graphs on the same screen for comparison. Then if you look at the tabs on the top, you will see "yearly returns"
Thanks for the tip. Never went that far into the program.
I posted a question to the author about the different results.

target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:25 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Utrecht, just from a psychological prospective, based on your obvious interest in investment (and impressive performance) I suggest staying the course.

Managing my portfolio provides both intellectually stimulation and somewhat a sense of accomplishment. Two things which were somewhat missing for me after retirement. When it gets boring or you find some other passion, than by all means moving it much simpler portfolio.

clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:51 AM   #23
Confused about dryer sheets
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Being set to retire...... I'm trying to find some comparison between my portfolio and Vanguard Wellington fund as far as total performance and total risk....

In 2012, (as a CSRS Employee) I cashed out 2 of my mutual funds and transferred it into the VCP and did a VCP to ROTH IRA Rollover (150K), which has gone into the Vanguard Wellesley account. Safe and Stable. Being CSRS, I consider my CSRS income as basically a "Bond Fund" (my take home pay is 43% more per month than my take home pay while working). So, I decided to take 60K out of my ING (now Capitol One 360) and move it to the Wellington Fund. I think pretty soon, I'll move the taxable Wellington fund into the Windsor type funds and move the Wellesley Roth IRA into a Wellington ROTH IRA.

I like the Wellington and Wellesley funds for different reasons, but I've been retired since age 57, am currently 59, and the majority of my funds are in the TSP C Fund (S & P 500)

Wellesley or Wellington, IMO, is a kind of "Set it and forget it" type fund. I like that. If it gets 8% instead of 9% ? Well, if 1% makes that much difference, so be it. Not for me. I just watch from the sidelines. For now.

The HalfBreed is offline   Reply With Quote