Dear W2R:

Where is that great whee graphic that was posted a few years back?

Funny things are going so well..who looks anymore just unlimited funds..last few years have been a ridiculous time to retire

For every low, there's a high and for every high there's a low.

When each of those might occur it seems only W2R will know.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Frankly I think Thursday and Friday was an aberration because the market is ignoring a lot of weak economic data. So it will probably be short-lived. But we can all still blame W2R when the market changes its mind. ;)

O.M.G. I just got today's fund values and they are through the roof. I'm trying, I'm trying, but joy is just bursting out everywhere! Look out, can't help myself... Wh... Wh....

WHEEE!!!!!

I mean really, isn't this great? As often as we are gloomy about dropping markets, and as often as we read articles and threads about how we are in the beginning of a worse bear market than ever before, LOOK AT THIS MARKET TODAY! It's just wonderful. I wonder how long it can keep this up. Just look at how much you are up since the first week in January! :D Imagine what you could do with THAT in your pocket!

I don't know about you all, but I'm going to celebrate. In fact, my whole city will be celebrating with me all weekend clear through Tuesday, with parades all over town and crazy revelers everywhere.

:dance: :clap: :dance:
Oh no......time to go all cash.

---Easy Chair Market Timers---

watch the market, call the highs and lows but never buy or sell

The TSX has not been doing as well as the DJIA but my personal Canadian portfolio has beaten the TSX and my personal US portfolio has beaten the DJIA over the past 3 years (see attachment). Maybe I should set myself up as a portfolio manager!

The TSX looks terrible in this graph because of the rise in the US dollar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 23
Oh boy, I was wondering when a thread like this was going to rear its ugly head.

I don't drop in here often....but I just knew there would be a W2R WHEEEE thread!:LOL:

I just joined the Vanguard FLAGSHIP level on Friday....:dance:

Hope I get to stay there after these ER signs of doom....:(

I just joined the Vanguard FLAGSHIP level on Friday....:dance:

Hope I get to stay there after these ER signs of doom....:(
I've not seen where it makes much of a difference other than the open access to a CFP. I don't really put too much value in that either. If you haven't had a financial plan done, now's a good time to do it.

I've not seen where it makes much of a difference other than the open access to a CFP. I don't really put too much value in that either. If you haven't had a financial plan done, now's a good time to do it.
I had that CFP thing done....but are there any closed Funds U get access to? I was sort of interested in the Primecap....:flowers:

U also get free or almost free turbo tax....

Hey - cheaper TurboTax.. Good to see you back NWLandlady - how go the scuba trips? When last you were around didn't you have a package sale deal going on all or most of your units?

Free tax software?

Hey - cheaper TurboTax.. Good to see you back NWLandlady - how go the scuba trips? When last you were around didn't you have a package sale deal going on all or most of your units?
Good to see U TOO!
I have sold everything....the last sale was cashout so I put it into V & a few other places.....still have a couple small SFH rentals.

But now with [MOD EDIT]taxes, my interest income is killin' me...:(

We are both retired, so lotsa scuba now!
Going to Dominica next month....:dance:

Sorry to go Off Topic...but this is a WHEEE thread, so what the heck....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that CFP thing done....but are there any closed Funds U get access to? I was sort of interested in the Primecap....:flowers:

U also get free or almost free turbo tax....
I'm not aware of any closed fund offers. Turbo Tax originally was going to cost extra because of Sch D. We had a nasty thread dumping on Intuit. I ended up getting a free version of H&R Block's program.

I sold some after tax assets to fund 2015 expenses and compared to Dec '14, I'm still 'ahead' by a sizeable chunk, so, feeling smug & happy about now.

Somehow I'm feeling a bit like Charlie Brown after W2R's outstanding "Whee" signal: hmm... what's coming next in this market?

29e6ovp.jpg

P.S. Happy Valentines day to everyone here.

Back
Top Bottom