Discover Card saving/CD safe?

perrytime

Recycles dryer sheets
I did a search and found some people with bad experiences using Discover card savings and CD's, trouble getting money out, visibility on web, etc. Anyone here have recent experience good or bad?

It seems like all of the on-line banks get bad reviews, with similar sounding problems. I've had good experiences with both Ally and Capital One Direct.

But then again, I haven't tried to pull a lot of money out of either yet. :-\

I have had accounts at Discover Bank. Seems fine to me.

Ha

My only issue with Discover was I could not transfer money online to/from my checking account. I had to use checks. This was back in 2008, though, so it may have changed since then.

I've used Ally Bank as my money market account since they took over GMAC. Never had a problem. I transfer money from Ally to my bank in two days. FYI, when I transferred money from my local Bank of America into Ally Bank, it took three days and they chargd me a fee. I talked to Ally and they told me how to get around the fee. What I do now is have Ally request the funds from Bank of America. Still takes three days but no fee.

I've used Ally Bank as my money market account since they took over GMAC. Never had a problem. I transfer money from Ally to my bank in two days. FYI, when I transferred money from my local Bank of America into Ally Bank, it took three days and they chargd me a fee. I talked to Ally and they told me how to get around the fee. What I do now is have Ally request the funds from Bank of America. Still takes three days but no fee.

Yeah, I have the same issue with my main bank. Seems a lot of banks are happy to transfer money IN....but not so happy to transfer it OUT.

I've had good experience with Discover Bank. I opened several long-term CD's with them about 10 years ago - got one CD with a 10-year fixed rate of 7.1%! (Wouldn't you love to have that now?) Still have a couple of long-term CD's, MM, and savings accounts with them. I have the savings account linked to my credit union checking account as well as Vanguard GNMA. Haven't had any problems getting money out, just seems to take longer (3-5 days) than it should. I've recently setup automatic monthly withdrawals with no problems. No fees if not over six withdrawals per month.

Back
Top Bottom