Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Discover related -

We have a Discover credit card from many moons ago. We hardly ever use credit cards any more. I got an email from Discover Card with a nice incentive to use the card again - Make purchases of at least $1000 by 6/30/15 for an extra $75 Cashback bonus. I usually don't spend that much on anything but I have a medical bill for more than that this month. I had to call and ask for new cards because I don't have the old ones anymore and I think they were expired anyways. Got the cards (with the chip) and the bill came today so I will fulfill the requirements with one transaction. I'll do $1000 on the new Discover Card and the remainder on another card that gives 1%.

Easy enough for $75.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Hope I Didn't Make a Mess
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hope I Didn't Make a Mess

I got my Discover Card cash back checks in the mail today so I figured, "Great! Time to set up all my accounts like the ACH pulls". So, I initiate the changes, Vanguard, Paypal, credit cards. But the changes don't update immediately. Instead, they will make two small deposits between 01 to 99 cents and for me to check back in 2-3 business days verify. Not so bad if I had one account to verify, but now, I'm gonna have about 8 little deposits and if I they are named with a generic name, I'll have to guess as to which deposit belongs to who. I should have been more patient and not tried doing all the updates the same say. Oh well...

Old 05-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

No mess after all. My new and improved cash back checking account is now pretty much all set and ready to go.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #24
Dryer sheet wannabe

Nice! On Monday I purchased a $50 ProFlowers gift card for $40 Discover reward cash and promptly got some flowers shipped off to my mom. I usually end up buying gift cards with the Discover cash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 05-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Did the maiden voyage with my Discover debit card today at Aldi. Nice and simple to just use that instead of cash. Plus, I just earned 10 cents.

The store was crowded as I forgot all about mothers day. I had about $100 worth of groceries, but when in line this elderly gentleman (he looked like Whitey Bulger ) had flowers in his hand (I assume for mother's day). I asked if that was all he had and he said "yes" so I told him to just cut in front of me.