Do you have a financial planner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I FIREd, I was a DIYer when it came to consolidating my portfolio and get it all under 1 roof. I got my legal paperw*rk updated using an attorney.

These days, I brush my teeth every morning with my financial planner. Then we have coffee. :LOL:

I assume sleeping with your financial planner gets you a preferential rate.... and all your assets are very, very, well managed :LOL:

A similar AUM is in effect for the major institutions, like Vanguard and Fidelity. As the portfolio increases in size, the percentage changes, and is lower. I would say at this time that the practice is an industry standard.

I venture a guess that larger portfolios have more holdings, more reports, and more customization.

There have been 5 earlier posts in this thread making unsubstantiated claims:
#72, 74, 87, 100, 109. They were shown to be wrong (with external references in #86, 98, and 102)
Not once has the erroneous information been countered or acknowledged, but instead are followed by more nonsense with #124 above being more of the same.

"Higher portfolios pay a lower fee than smaller ones. I have stated this numerous times on here"

really? the fee charged using the sliding scale in post #109 AUM on $1M is around $6875, the fee on $5Million is at least $12475.(Actually it would be higher..this very geneneously assumes the ludicrous notion that the basis points drop to 14 on everything over 1Million so this is a wildly low estimate)
In no place in the universe is $5 Million not a higher portfolio than $1 Million and nowhere in the universe is $12475 lower or less than $6875.

The answer to the question is "No, thank goodness!" but there are a few wannabes constantly circling me like sharks (calling, sending me birthday and Christmas cards, wanting to visit me at home or meet for lunch, trying to pry into my resources). I inherited some of these fellows from my husband, and they can't seem to understand that that gravy train is over.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who participated.

This thread has now run its course.

:horse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom