Do you like a simple plan?

Free_at_49 said:
I'm very interested in your "culture shock" and your impressions of America after 20 years of living in a Europe (though England is not exactly Europe).   I  grew up in Canada and lived in Western Europe for many years. Here in the US, I cannot get over the squalor, the violence, the emptiness in people, and of late all the warmongering.

Yeah, going to the Post Office is not my favorite thing either.

Free_at_49 said:
I'm very interested in your "culture shock" and your impressions of America after 20 years of living in a Europe (though England is not exactly Europe). I grew up in Canada and lived in Western Europe for many years. Here in the US, I cannot get over the squalor, the violence, the emptiness in people, and of late all the warmongering.
Europe may not have the violence (debatable) but they sure have the squalor, the emptiness in people, and they were the biggest warmongerers of the twentieth century. You ever see the poor in Europe? They have no chance. Talk about class warfare. BTW: I do get a Canadian newcast on my DirectTV, and I do look at it from time to time. They got a little bit of squalor, also. Hmmm. Of course, that's our fault, too. :D

Eagle43 said:
Europe may not have the violence (debatable) but they sure have the squalor, the emptiness in people, and they were the biggest warmongerers of the twentieth century.  You ever see the poor in Europe?  They have no chance.  Talk about class warfare. BTW:  I do get a Canadian newcast on my DirectTV, and I do look at it from time to time.  They got a little bit of squalor, also.  Hmmm.  Of course, that's our fault, too.  :D

Excellent post Eagle. I was about to weigh in. You said it better.

JG

Back
Top Bottom