Do You Miss Alan?

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Short crisp answers!  Clear and succinct.  What's not to like about Mr. Bernanke? Hopefully, he will be as successful as the retired wordsmith.

Let me emphasize that recent financial indicators, including rapid growth of the money supply, underscore that Mr.Greesnspan provided ample liquidity to the financial system as it became increasingly unnecessary over time. I am of the view that monetary policy accommodation should be removed at a pace that is likely to be measured given the current conundrum. That conclusion was based on his then current best judgment of how economic and financial forces would evolve in the months and quarters ahead. Should that judgment prove misplaced, however, Mr. Greenspan stood ever vigilant and prepared to do what was required to fulfill the necessary obligations to achieve the maintenance of price stability so as to ensure maximum sustainable economic growth.

REW,

Alan couldn't have said it better himself! :D

Well, I miss Alan. He didn't speak English, he spoke Economist. For those of us who speak the language, it was pretty funny watching the press misinterpret everything he said. Bernanke has pretty much betrayed everything but the secrect handshake in his first month as Chairman. :(

Should I pine for the wisdom of  Alan, I need only  revisit the posts of Uncle Mick.
I think Bernanke will need to tough up a bit, or the know nothing, showboating congress clowns will have a field day with him.

JPatrick said:
Should I pine for the wisdom of  Alan, I need only  revisit the posts of Uncle Mick.

:D :D

"A wet bird never flys at night."

I just wanted to see one of the senators ask Greenspan a question, then tell him he has to answer it in five words or less, none of which have more than three syllables.

I never saw much benefit in having a guy that people just sighed and accepted would need to be 'interpreted'.

Back
Top Bottom