Do you or someone you know have an unclaimed pension

I heard that too and found it unbelievable. I can't even imagine.

I can imagine... If I hadn't received a letter from one of my late husband's former employers, I wouldn't have known about the whopping $75 per month survivors benefit I will get when I turn 65. Whoopee cough cough.... Beneficiaries are probably out there.

I can imagine... If I hadn't received a letter from one of my late husband's former employers, I wouldn't have known about the whopping $75 per month survivors benefit I will get when I turn 65. Whoopee cough cough.... Beneficiaries are probably out there.

Don't be too dismissive.... my mom got my dad's retirement after he died... she did not know he had picked survivor benefits... it started at $45 (IIRC) per month... but they did inflation adjustments etc. over the years and now it is $120ish per month... going on 35 years of payments...

Oh I'll be glad to get it, no problem there. I was a federal employee and that $75 will be the only pension from my husband's work life. No SS pension coming for me other than my own federal pension. I'm actually pretty happy with my situation.

Back
Top Bottom