Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Didn't hear the call but how much of an opinion can you get on a short call?

Apart from initial financials, I'd still likely want to analyze how much a pain it is to maintain it and how much use I'm going to get out of it. Buying it is the easy part, dealing with issues around it are headaches I'd want to limit. If RV'ing is totally their thing, it'll be a good purchase if they fully utilize it. Personally, I generally can't see myself throwing so much capital at something because I can't see myself utilizing something to that extent. I think I'd rather rent. But no right or wrong answer based on the description of the situation IMO.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

lots of factors, how will he fund, Roth, IRA or cash?

And in terms of usage, is he actually sleeping in this RV every night with his wife? In that case he is providing housing and transportation for > 8% of his net worth...not too shabby, granted motor homes depreciate, homes sometimes appreciate.

But to the pt of richest man in the ground, maybe the guy had no heirs?