Dollar Cost Averaging - Anyone still buying?

Still contributing to 403b, 401k, and roth iras. I'm staying the course and hoping we eventually come out of this storm to find an isolated island with buckets of cold beer and lots of scantily clad women fetching me something to drink. DW calls me the eternal optimist.

We are still contributing to our 401k and simple IRA but not to the max. Had to suspend Roth IRA for this year because of wife's severance package.

Every month on the 15th. I'm re-balancing to get to my target asset allocation. Unfortunately, I'm ER'd, so no new money coming in.

yes, because I sold some of my stock funds in my ROTH last year at various times, before the big crash. I've been DCA back into a couple of vanguard funds since Jan, watching for the drips each month and investing about $3000 hoping that this is the bottom but since I am very long with these ROTH funds I'm not too worried about that.

My investments outside the ROTH are still in bond funds where they will stay for a while.

Still buying $750 per week.

Still w**king and DCAing every two weeks into FIDO mutual funds. We max out our 401K plus catch up contributions plus 6K in each of our Roths.
On top of that, we put a good amount into non-qualified account but this is going into our cash account which we might spend shortly after RE.
We are trying to stay up-beat by telling ourselves that we are buying low, and poised for the run up.
I remember the last bear market when I was putting in money only to see it go down each day for a period that seemed like forever.
I had decided on an amount that I would not go below and was ready to capitulate when it suddenly started going up and I quickly forgot about that. Hopefully it will happen again....and it most surely will. :whistle:

I define DCA as "putting the same amount of money into the same investment vehicle using a set time interval.
For the most part, that procedure is way to inflexible for me, but I do have three div reinvestment programs that I faithfully invest in every month-same time , same station. I can't pass up the free processing, and in the case of these three, the tasty dividends.
They are SE, DUK, EMR.

Back
Top Bottom