Dollar Plunging: Only Tinfoil Hats Concerned

I'll bite - I'm holding euros and the A$ - My question is when to sell.

Ok fine. Ill help you out.

Someone hold me..I need to be held till its all better..

Last edited:
Down to 96.3 Yen now. Euro Union is screaming that the Euro is way up and it's hurting them! I just put on my gold bullion hat. O0

Then Europe might want to start lowering its rates...

I keep telling you folks - stick with Buffett, Bacon and Budweiser.

But does anybody listen? Nope.

heh heh heh - :D just kidding. I did have guns and gold in the 70's - but I drew the line at 7 yrs supply of freeze dryed food. The stuff they came out with for backpackers was good though.

heh heh heh - :D just kidding. I did have guns and gold in the 70's - but I drew the line at 7 yrs supply of freeze dryed food. The stuff they came out with for backpackers was good though.

I like Nutrisystem - just nuke and eat. :p

hey this is fun - this is when diversification is supposed to pay off. I guess Buffett was right - WMD's indeed and he is sitting on piles of cash to invest. bet there are a lot of folks who would like to buy stock market insurance from him. Also the Oil & Gold are just booming

-h
p.s: CNBC Asia is on right now on the east coast and very interesting to watch. Even the ads are interesting

If we pull all of our resources together here on this forum, perhaps we can offer Bear Stearns $2.50 a share - anyone want to pony up?

Btw the new corporate office that Bear Sterns built in NYC cost them $500Million. The whole company including the building was sold for $238M. Can I just get the building please!

-h

Darn it's not good. We're traveling to Europe in 4 weeks.

USD slump has been coming for years. Its amazing how long it stayed so high, considering the huge current account and budget deficits the US has run. But I think that the GBP and EUR will reverse course soon via rate cuts by their central banks. The JPY is at serious risk of currency intervention, IMO. The yuan will keep rising until the Chinese govt has figured out how to rein in their inflationary problem (not holding my breath).

USD slump has been coming for years. Its amazing how long it stayed so high, considering the huge current account and budget deficits the US has run. But I think that the GBP and EUR will reverse course soon via rate cuts by their central banks.
The thing is, if you look at their own debts in per capita terms as a percentage of GDP, the entire Eurozone's debt isn't that much better than Uncle Sam's. That's one of the main reasons why I think the Euro is in a bubble relative to the dollar.

There are good reasons for the USD's weakness, but the problem is that right now many other currencies with similar problems are being given a free pass by the "hot money."

I'd prefer they crash soon then, as we've got a 2 week vacation in early May thru Czech, Germany,ending in Amsterdam. >:D

The thing is, if you look at their own debts in per capita terms as a percentage of GDP, the entire Eurozone's debt isn't that much better than Uncle Sam's. That's one of the main reasons why I think the Euro is in a bubble relative to the dollar.

There are good reasons for the USD's weakness, but the problem is that right now many other currencies with similar problems are being given a free pass by the "hot money."

I agree with that 100%.

I was just warning the Euro-bound travelers..
I don't mind the taxes because they fund my health care, plus it's better than paying for endless war (effectively a gas tax).

I was just warning the Euro-bound travelers..
I don't mind the taxes because they fund my health care, plus it's better than paying for endless war (effectively a gas tax).

Touche! ;)
I am myself bound to Euroland in a few months for a well deserved vacation... I guess I'll just hang out at the beach!

You could rent a scooter! That doesn't use much gas.. have a great trip wherever you are headed!

images

You could rent a scooter! That doesn't use much gas.. have a great trip wherever you are headed!

images

Is that a 60s poster? Or a new one with a retro look? Very appealing ad!

Ha

Back
Top Bottom