Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-20-2008, 04:39 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

anything you get a loan for and dont pay back is taxable income you owe the irs technically.
mathjak107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2008, 06:28 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
The reason you couldn't get him to understand this is that he wants to sell you some financing.

I've never met a dumb salesman who wasn't dumb for a good dollars and cents reason.

Ha

Bingo!!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:02 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
So, if you give the keys and RV back to the bank...and the bank sells the RV for what the market will bring...don't you still owe the bank the difference between what you owed at default (plus legal costs, sales cost, etc.) and what the bank was able to sell the RV for? And will the bank issue you a 1099 for the "difference" you still owed them if they have to write it off?
I suppose you could then buy another RV and go "on the lam". Besides, you can then start doing drugs for a hobby. Its a recreational vehical after all!
slepyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepyhed View Post
I suppose you could then buy another RV and go "on the lam". Besides, you can then start doing drugs for a hobby. Its a recreational vehical after all!
C'mon get happy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bus2000.jpg (23.8 KB, 47 views)

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote