DOW 25k by 12/31/2017

Despite the above jest, I have not sold anything yet. Not stocks, nor more options.

The market has not cooperated. Tech stocks going down again today. Darn!

Maybe the pundits at Goldman Sachs and even Vanguard scared off enough people so they sell. Darn! They are supposed to be buying so I can sell.

I just rebalanced today.... at least the selling equities side... on the buying bonds side I have a bid in and am waiting to see if it is executed.

Could be 15K just as easily. War and impeachment two possibilities could have a real impact. As for 25K I hope so but I don't think so.

DOW futures up almost 200 and S+P almost 15..of course a LOT can change before tomorrow!!!!

Looks like someone out there is liking the proposed tax plans!!!!!

DOW futures up almost 200 and S+P almost 15..of course a LOT can change before tomorrow!!!!

Looks like someone out there is liking the proposed tax plans!!!!!

It's never THAT simple.... but my crystal ball, below, says "WHEEE!!! Good times ahead!" This is pretty exciting.

6978-albums71-picture509.jpg

Yet another great week ahead for ER Forum investors! :D

Good Lord! She said the word.

Ran for your life.

Good Lord! She said the word.

Ran for your life.

But, but.... I read online somewhere that that the market isn't supposed to crash until three years from now! Surely nobody online would be wrong about that. :LOL:

:nonono:

I was in such a panic I typed "Ran" instead of "Run".

Oh, it's all over now. I hope selling everything at the open tomorrow will still retain enough for me to live out my old age in sufficient comfort. Forget about foreign travel. My little RV may become my permanent housing arrangement.

X2 the market's hoped for tax changes seem to make 25K a more likely result. Of course, it is not law yet, has to go through compromise to get the House and Senate versions to be the same before it can signed into law. However that also seems like it will happen, and certainly Pres Trump will sign it. Once legal law, I think it will put it over the 25K. Assuming no other significant bad news event.

I expect there will be some sell-off once the tax cut compromise bill is finalized and people get their latest perceptions of the "winners" and "losers" in the final bill that is signed into law.

lol...by dec 31st? We'll be at 25k by the end of this week, lulz

Is the fed selling $60 billion of their paper per month? They're making a killing.

Is the fed selling $60 billion of their paper per month? They're making a killing.
The Fed isn't selling anything, just not reinvesting bonds that have matured.

Interest rates have crept up a bit. I doubt they would make a killing even if they sold bonds before maturity.

25k next week?

Only 340 more points! (at the moment)

And we have 16 days until December 31st... I wonder! I wasn't sure it was possible, but we might get there. :D

Watching the market has been so much more fun than watching sports, lately.

A couple years ago my equity AA was in the low 80's. As the market rose, and I approached RE (last March) I made measured, permanent steps to reduce it. This year I made 1% moves in February and early this month, to now 60%. If things keep climbing, I will continue with the 1% moves to an ultimate target of 55%, if the rally continues to hit my preset trigger points over the next year or more.

Only 340 more points! (at the moment)

And we have 16 days until December 31st... I wonder! I wasn't sure it was possible, but we might get there. :D

Watching the market has been so much more fun than watching sports, lately.

I just want the market to hang on til the end of year. Then after re-balancing, I'm ready for the great crash of 2018 :(.

I wonder how many people are waiting to rebalance on Jan 2nd, 2018. If there are a lot like that, you may want to front-run them.

I have a few semiconductor stocks. Their price rise YTD has beaten that of the market, yet the P/E is not excessive and sometimes even lower than that of the market. The forward P/E ratio is ridiculously cheap compared to that of the S&P.

Yet, these stock prices dropped quite a bit the last 2 weeks. There was no news. The entire sector was sold off. The word was that investors were cashing out. I did not beat them out the door, so I am not selling, er, rebalancing out now.

Back
Top Bottom