Dow 26k by Jan. 31

1000 Dow points is only about 4% now. I can recall when it was 100% or more.

That is interesting thanks for that information.

At this very moment, the Dow is 25,762!!! We might make it to 26,000 sooner than we think.

I am cheering it on because I am near a never-before-seen milestone total for investment plus bank accounts. I'd love to pass that mark before my estimated tax payments are made by EFTPS on Monday (pulling the total back down).

C'mon, Dow!!! You can do it! :clap: :dance:

Looks like a super bull underway. QE experiment playing out.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 65
Maybe we're in an "anti-Depression":confused:

The 1930's Depression lasted soooooo long....maybe we're in a "Twilight Zone" episode of some sort....

Just to be safe, I bought an extra cushion because it's gonna hurt SOOOO BAADD when this ends!!!!

But I still won't go back to w**K!!!!

At this very moment, the Dow is 25,762!!! We might make it to 26,000 sooner than we think.

I am cheering it on because I am near a never-before-seen milestone total for investment plus bank accounts. I'd love to pass that mark before my estimated tax payments are made by EFTPS on Monday (pulling the total back down).

C'mon, Dow!!! You can do it! :clap: :dance:
With Friday's 228 point increase in the Dow, it didn't even matter if my estimated tax payments went through. I reached my milestone. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see "X dollars" in my portfolio + bank accounts. I suppose it's not a lot by forum standards, but it's a lot by W2R standards.

I remember a time when I didn't have a dollar to my name. Those were the Days of Catsup Soup but they are long gone. Life sure has some amazing twists and turns. :wiseone:

With Friday's 228 point increase in the Dow, it didn't even matter if my estimated tax payments went through. I reached my milestone. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see "X dollars" in my portfolio + bank accounts. I suppose it's not a lot by forum standards, but it's a lot by W2R standards.

Congratulations!! Yay!!! :dance:

Reactions: W2R
Well, I'll tell you, I am really enjoying looking nearly every day and feeling flush--gosh, in fact, rich. When things crash I just don't look--out of sight and out of mind. Works for me.
I'm with those who say, let's have fun when we can.

Well, I'll tell you, I am really enjoying looking nearly every day and feeling flush--gosh, in fact, rich. When things crash I just don't look--out of sight and out of mind.

Guess I'm almost having to do the reverse. Having throttled back my A-A significantly in 2016 upon retirement (visions of reverse glide slope), I'm now feeling about as smart as Free bird's cat. So it's these days I'm finding myself tempted not to look...

New recession ... unsustainable bubble ... bigger collapse coming ... credit supernova ... shocker ... kaboom ahead - ominous third phase ... tick, tick -- boom! ... apocalypse -- get out now! ... prepare for the perfect storm ... America’s growth and prosperity ‘gone forever’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/doomsday-poll-87-risk-of-stock-crash-by-year-end-2013-06-05

Five years later, uhh...... :confused:

One of the seemingly endless gloom & doom articles by Paul B. Farrell, who seems to have disappeared from MarketWatch. Haven't seen him spread a fresh coat of black paint for years.

And then there are the comments from a Nobel Prize winning economist, made a bit over a year ago (Nov 9, 2016 to be exact) (emph mine):

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never. ....

So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight.
:facepalm:

Do they ever take back Nobel Prizes?

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom