Dump the WSJ?

i also have the NY Times app, AP News, USA Today, Bloomberg and a few others. WSJ is nice but if i were to look around i'd probably find the same information for free on the internet. and there are a bunch of finance apps that will give you stock and bond prices

and depending on the price, i might pay for it. i used to read it every day years ago and the best part was their own researched stories. but reading a summary on a blog is good enough for me if it's too expensive

I think they might look to charge a subscription. I just opened it and they had a survey up and one of the questions was whether you'd subscribe to the mobile app.

If I were to get something like a Kindle, I might subscribe to WSJ for a low intro. price and maybe some papers.

Kindle would definitely make it more appealing. There's something about coffee and paper in hand on the patio that the internet can't currently duplicate well, perhaps Kindle type devices have a better shot at it.

no way i'd pay $500 just to buy more books and newspapers

iphone can at least do a long list of other things

Yeah if not Kindle then an eBook application running on a laptop.

Problem with Kindle is it's asking a lot for not having color or the ability to view other media on a big screen.

i've played with Mobi Pocket reader but there is no iphone version. it runs on windows, blackberry and WinMo. maybe another cell phone. Kindle also has an iphone app and you don't need a Kindle to read Kindle books.

NY Public Library now lends out digital books. i read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my blackberry a few months ago

Yeah but they need to get these reader software on laptops with bigger screens.

Being limited to smart phone screens is a tough experience.

Kindle, mobi, iphone, etc. Are you guys really ER'd or just wanna-be's ? ;)

I've been without the WSJ for a couple of years now. One highlight of my day in my working years was coming home and reading the WSJ while the DH cooked supper. Especially Friday's Personal section.

But it just isn't the same without the going to the work part first. Not that I want to go back to work or anything.

I've been without the WSJ for a couple of years now. One highlight of my day in my working years was coming home and reading the WSJ while the DH cooked supper. Especially Friday's Personal section.

But it just isn't the same without the going to the work part first. Not that I want to go back to work or anything.
That sounds like me, but it was the DW cooking. Now I've figured it all out (index funds are kind of neat that way) and don't need the WSJ :cool:.

That sounds like me, but it was the DW cooking. Now I've figured it all out (index funds are kind of neat that way) and don't need the WSJ :cool:.

a few months ago one of the WSJ financial reporters was retiring from the paper and he was permitted to write whatever he wanted as a last article, which apparently is a tradition for departing reporters.

one of the things he said was that his impression after reporting on the financial sector for many years was that the simple strategy of buying and holding an index fund was the way to go.

About 2 months after I canceled my subscription, they send a special reactivate offer:

$70 off and $20 Amazon gift card if I activate in 48 hours. So about $60 net.

But easy enough to read any article through Google links.

Back
Top Bottom