Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Ease of CD management with online banks
Old 01-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Ease of CD management with online banks

I hope this is in the right forum.

I like the ease of CD management provided by Ally Bank. One can let a CD renew, add money at renewal, close at renewal, renew but bleed off the interest earned into a different account, let the balance and the interest rollover, add money at renewal while bleeding off the interest earnings from the prior term into a different account, etc., all online in an easy-to-use interface.

Are there other online banks with similar easy CD management? For example, I find Discover Bank's online CD management interface clunky and lacking in many of the options listed above.

I'm looking for another online bank (or other online banks) with flexible CD management similar to that provided by Ally (with similar interest rates, obviously, to those offered by Ally). Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Lumpy
Uncle Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 10:52 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Agreed - Ally makes it easy online and I often use their no penalty CDs.

Synchrony is a pain because you can’t choose anything other than auto renew online and you have to call in to get them to set it to redeem at maturity.

I’ve had good luck with Andrews FCU configuring the certificates when purchased to redeem at maturity.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:00 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Likewise Ally is a breeze to manage CD's. However most of my CD's are through Fidelity brokerage which is even easier. The rollover option would make it almost effortless. Personally I prefer to select my own reinvestment options which still only take a couple of minutes.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:15 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I have Ally as well as TIAA (used to be Everbank). Very easy to work with.
Carol1862 is offline   Reply With Quote