Eggs in one basket?

Nords said:
It'll be interesting to read your observations on their respective customer services...

Thus far, its Vanguard 1 and Fidelity 0. I'm not a high maintenance customer and I don't consume a lot of "customer service" but I've never once had an issue, or have been disappointed, with Vanguard. We did have a tough time rolling over a 401(k) into a non-brokerage IRA at Fidelity, though.

Smileydog--

Professor here with a question. I have 50% of my money in Fidelity--right now in Retirement Money Markets-- and I have the other 50% at Edward Jones in several different American Funds accounts. I have been concerned that I can't get a straight answer from the EJ rep on how much these accounts are actually costing me. So I'm starting to get pissed!!!!!!!

What type of deal are you getting with Fidelity on your AFs? Are you still getting the same low fees structure as with their specific Fido funds? If so, EJ is history!!!!!

Thanks.

Professor

Professor said:
What type of deal are you getting with Fidelity on your AFs? Are you still getting the same low fees structure as with their specific Fido funds? If so, EJ is history!!!!!
I've moved other funds to Fidelity.

If you transfer your American shares in kind to a Fidelity account, Fidelity will hold the funds at no (possibly minimal) charge. There may be a fee for buying more shares, but reinvesting & selling are free.

Thanks for the info, Nords!!!!!!! I really appreciate you, and I know you've had good luck with Fido. I have too. I just never knew they handled other accounts.

I'm calling Fidelity in the morning to get the specifics on the transfer. Once I get a straight answer, EJ is history.

Thanks again.

Professor

Back
Top Bottom