Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #81
Recycles dryer sheets

Wow, congrats to you!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Edit: can't shop today - we've been approaching a $500,000 step. Playing silly games like making sure the quarterly checks are dated the 15th, checking all accounts for loan or rent payments. Yeterday the market kicked us within a few hundred dollars of the mark - and social security deposits will carry us across. The market is making us rather breathless this morning..
LOL. I do that somewhat. Usually crossing the "Thousand aire" thresholds. I only calculate NW on the days the market goes up. Never on down days. And if it's down I wait until it's sorta in the range of crossing back over to make up for the down. My mind is very complicated. LOL. Good idea on checking the couch for loose coins. Be Right Back

Old 09-13-2017, 05:00 AM   #83
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
I don't think I'll ever get there, I'm contempt being a member of the 7 figure club.
I've seen some projections that get us there, but I expect that we would just spend more than watch it pile up. We just put a deposit on a guided photography tour to Patagoinia.

Quote:
If it looked like I was was headed to eight figures, I'd ramp up the spending way before I got there. No need to pass on that kind of money to my kiddos.
DW and I have also talked about creating a charitable trust for something that we want to support.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #84
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapr View Post
LOL. I do that somewhat. Usually crossing the "Thousand aire" thresholds...
Thought of this skit when I read the above:

Watch Who Wants to Be Groped by an Eleven Thousand-Aire? From Saturday Night Live - NBC.com