Elder law attorney in PA?

jon-nyc

Full time employment: Posting here.
Has anyone used an elder law attorney in PA that they are happy with?

I'm happy to receive recommendations via PM.

A friend found one he was happy with simply by calling the local bar association and asking for recommendations.

Are they going to give you a recommendation? Or just a list?

Generally, bar associations have a list of lawyers who have signed up for referrals in a specialty.

You get a list of those in your area who actively practice the type of law you're interested in. Then you can narrow the list down to someone you're comfortable with by simply calling and talking to them.

I got a couple of good recommendations from people at Bogleheads and elsewhere. I'm happy to pass them along via PM if anyone is interested.

In my research I also found this resource:

Finding a CELA | National Elder Law Foundation

Its from the National Elder Law Foundation, listing lawyers with that are elder law certified (there aren't that many). A friend of mine in the field (alas from Maine, so I couldn't use her) said that the certification guarantees a pretty high level of knowledge, so you'll likely avoid a 'dabbler' if you find someone on their list.

I got a couple of good recommendations from people at Bogleheads and elsewhere. I'm happy to pass them along via PM if anyone is interested.

In my research I also found this resource:

Finding a CELA | National Elder Law Foundation

Its from the National Elder Law Foundation, listing lawyers with that are elder law certified (there aren't that many). A friend of mine in the field (alas from Maine, so I couldn't use her) said that the certification guarantees a pretty high level of knowledge, so you'll likely avoid a 'dabbler' if you find someone on their list.

Thanks for the link. My sister and I had a poor experience with a law firm listed for Ohio. They were neither ethical or professional. And darn expensive! They accessed Dad's medical records and tried to evaluate him before they had a signed contract or payment. Luckily we had told him that we weren't going to use that law firm and he stopped the interview.

And all their literature kept mentioning how professional they were! They tried to bill us for additional hours until they realized they had proceeded without a contract.

Back
Top Bottom