Ewww - Kiyosaki Strikes Again

ats5g

Full time employment: Posting here.
This time he's piggy backing off of John Bogle [AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!]

Mutual Funds Get Greedy

I guess Kiyosaki forgot to mention that he's scamming investors just like those mutual fund companies. >:D

- Alec

hmmm...this asshat was on with Paul Merriman and wouldnt directly answer any questions....just rambled on about nonsense...

This guy can use more words to express fewer ideas than anyone I've ever known. :eek: He's making lots of money from his books, though. :-\

sgeeeee said:
use more words to express fewer ideas than anyone

Hmmm.... there used to be a guy on TMF... nah, I won't go there. :-[

In any event, this guy is a trip. Saw him recently on PBS and having never heard of him previously, I was shocked that PBS would stoop to such an obvious self-serving snake oil infomercial for his book and seminars.

There was a good debunking article, let me see if I can find it.... <sound of rumaging in virtual on line attic>...

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

(I can't vouch for author of critique myself, but it seemed pretty insightful)

DRiP Guy said:
Hmmm.... there used to be a guy on TMF... nah, I won't go there. :-[

. . .
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah . . . I thought of h-o-c-u-s right after I wrote that sentence.

Writing books for publication on a deadline is hard. Lots of words for few ideas is a great skill.

A better one is a large folder full of lots of illustrations, photographs and charts to fill page space -- since the contract is for a number of pages (with a tolerance).

sgeeeee said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah . . . I thought of h-o-c-u-s right after I wrote that sentence.

He appears to still be holding forth over at the vanguard boards. I'm reminded of one of those paul hogan crocodile dundee movies where he's taken to the hotel room and see's a television. Commenting "I saw one of those once" he turns it on to see "I love lucy", remarks "yep, thats what I saw" and shuts it off.

A tremendous waste of an apparently unexamined life. And a fairly substantial waste for the people who dont enough to avoid reading the never ending drivel.

At least Kiyosaki makes money off of the hoo-hah.

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
hmmm...this asshat was on with Paul Merriman and wouldnt directly answer any questions....just rambled on about nonsense...

sgeeeee said:
This guy can use more words to express fewer ideas than anyone I've ever known. :eek:

ROFL....Dory ought to start writing a script for a sitcom with actual posts from people on this forum. I always laugh more from this forum than watching any tv show or movie. :)

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:

sgeeeee said:
This guy can use more words to express fewer ideas than anyone I've ever known. :eek:

Maybe he's gonna throw his hat in the ring to run for President! :D

I like how he says you would have made money by 'just owning the market', and that poor results of the average investor were due to (I forget the exact terms) selection cost and performance chasing.

So I'm thinking, well yes we all know that, and the conclusion is to own low-cost index funds to own 'the market'. But he never tells us that !!! What a joke this guy is.

I think his useful advice ended after he put forth his first idea in his original book: buy assets, don't buy liabilities.

Amazing that he expanded this into an empire. How he can sleep at night is beyond me.

- John

I'm sure he sleeps fine, secure in the knowledge that he's helping people everywhere.

Of course, his idea of helping people is to milk away some of their extra cash so they dont have to worry about how to spend it...

Caught him on PBS - strikes me as a true believer in his message(??) and a legend in his own mind.

heh heh

Of course he believes it.

You know the difference between a marketeer and a salesman? The salesman KNOWS he's lying.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
A tremendous waste of an apparently unexamined life.
Yeah, but he's raking in the dough, so what does he care!?!

Audrey

I was talking about ho-suc, but your point is well made. ;)

IIRC ho-suc is trying to make it on a couple of hundred thousand, invested in all fixed income. Apparently the stock market has been overvalued since 1990 and he wont have any part of losing money. :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Of course he believes it.

You know the difference between a marketeer and a salesman? The salesman KNOWS he's lying.
He believes in himself and his backstory, no matter how much we may see flaws in his logic. And there is a wide group of people who want to believe in certainty, black and white, no wiggle room and all that. Of course, I suspect this is why he got his start talking to MLM/Amwayers.

Back
Top Bottom