FB post from marketing person

afntrn56

Recycles dryer sheets
I saw the following post on FB and just wondered what folks here thought about what is being said. The second part is what he has on his page as a sales pitch.

The economy is going to worsen and over the next 3,000 days there's going to be a huge demographic shift with the baby boomers that will change our country. Too lengthy for me to i...nto right here as to the data that backs that up.

Now through the end of the year will be our LOWEST tax rate in our lifetime (at least 37 new taxes go into effect 1 Jan). Taxes will and HAVE to go up. Regardless of who's in DC. We are in the worst debt in our history (currently paying over $350bil towards interest annually). As it relates to your reply and this article...the other factor that many people don't realize is the declining value of the dollar. Today is the strongest it will ever be. Check this out...a dollar in 1950 is worth .12 cents today.

So, by dumping money into a purchase of a property today, the client not only loses liquidity of that money but also is facing lower value of that dollar. Lastly, the property value will be lucky to remain the same much less appreciating.

If you read my earlier postings..thats also why I'm anti 401k/IRA/SEP/TSP as the taxation is going to hammer people and you kick in the value of the dollar when they can draw their funds...even worsens the projection.

P.S. Did you notice food prices going up? That will continue...

To meet the needs and planning of today's consumer requires a unique mix of expertise and experience. As an independent marketing group we meet with our clients to offer the most suitable products to fit a client's investment objectives and lifestyle. Our organization is built on needs based marketing. We provide some of the best training available in the industry, today, along with marketing strategies to help build wealth for you and your clients. We have strategically and uniquely positioned ourselves to enhance the industry professional in building your business.
Additionally, we are able to teach how to create your personal "bank." A place to put your money where you are;

~ guaranteed not to lose principal
~ tax deferred
~ creditor and lawsuit proof
~ estate tax free
~ accessible penalty free!

Almost sounds like "Bank on Yourself"

Financial snake oil.

I also think it distasteful to read sleazeball sales pitches on this forum. :yuk:

Sorry REWahoo I didn't mean to be distasteful at all. Just was interested in comments on the viewpoint.

Sorry REWahoo I didn't mean to be distasteful at all. Just was interested in comments on the viewpoint.
But it doesn't say anything. It preys on fear, and promises magic. If it had any real content in it, that'd be worth discussion. Find out and tell us what this "investment" actually is.

To the OP. Educate yourself on financial topics, and you will not waste your time (and ours) or fall prey to these pitches. See the FAQ for some good books.

To the OP. Educate yourself on financial topics, and you will not waste your time (and ours) or fall prey to these pitches. See the FAQ for some good books.

Oh I have read the books and have what I consider a good risk asset allocation working for me but I really was looking for things to challenge this sales guy with. I won't bother you any longer.

Oh I have read the books and have what I consider a good risk asset allocation working for me but I really was looking for things to challenge this sales guy with. I won't bother you any longer.
Sorry for the misunderstanding but the intent of your OP is unclear. It can be interpreted as expressing interest in whatever this guy is selling.

Without knowing more specifics about this "personal bank" he's offering I'm not sure how we can provide anything to use to challenge his pitch. Do you have more details?

Plenty of suckers will go for it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but the intent of your OP is unclear. It can be interpreted as expressing interest in whatever this guy is selling.

Without knowing more specifics about this "personal bank" he's offering I'm not sure how we can provide anything to use to challenge his pitch. Do you have more details?

Here is what he sent back when I asked him what kind of investment he is selling....
You are a freakin idiot Alan. You have no clue what you're talking about and you will be a statistic of baby boomers who'll have to feed of the government. I'm not selling anything...besides, you looking to buy something? Peace..

I guess I can't help with making the offers more specific. On top of that he blocked me from commenting on the thread as well as contacting him! lol

I was able to find the original site for this outfit using some of the verbiage from the OP. It may be financially a good idea, for them taking your money! but not for you. Are you looking at random financial facebook pages for advisors? Why do you think there's a need to respond to them?

You've been referred to some helpful reputable places in responses to your previous posts, that some very knowledgeable people here with nothing to gain took time to write. Did you look at them?

I was able to find the original site for this outfit using some of the verbiage from the OP. It may be financially a good idea, for them taking your money! but not for you. Are you looking at random financial facebook pages for advisors? Why do you think there's a need to respond to them?

You've been referred to some helpful reputable places in responses to your previous posts, that some very knowledgeable people here with nothing to gain took time to write. Did you look at them?

Yes and thank you for that. I just had a friend that is in real estate post something about not buying houses and this guy jumped in and started his bullcrap. I felt that he needed to be called on the garbage he was spewing. It all snowballed into where it did. I am definitely not trolling for advisors on FB or anywhere else. I have looked in to all the wonderful advice here and truly believe they are leading me in the right direction. I have made some moves already but still have a ways to go to feel comfortable in my investment strategy. Thanks for everyones help it is really appreciated! How did you find info on him:confused:

You are a freakin idiot Alan. You have no clue what you're talking about and you will be a statistic of baby boomers who'll have to feed of the government. I'm not selling anything...besides, you looking to buy something? Peace..
We all have to hope karma will catch up to guys like this...

afntrn56;1005186....Now through the end of the year will be our LOWEST tax rate in our lifetime (at least 37 new taxes go into effect 1 Jan). Taxes will and HAVE to go up. Regardless of who's in DC. We are in the worst debt in our history (currently paying over $350bil towards interest annually). As it relates to your reply and this article...the other factor that many people don't realize is the declining value of the dollar. Today is the strongest it will ever be. Check this out...a dollar in 1950 is worth .12 cents today. So said:
Sounds like some scary truisms - kind of like
"Today is the oldest I've ever been, yet I will never be younger than i am today".

Scary if you think about it, makes you want to do SOMETHING. But what?

Taxes are going to go up and the dollar's value will go down? Yeah, i'd pretty much bank on it. Don't buy property? Don't think that's the answer. (vested interest noted here) As long as the population is increasing and governmental papershuffling keeps adding to the cost of building a home without adding square footage or a roof used housing will be in demand. Landlords won't lose money long term - they will sell. Now maybe that means they will sell cheap - but long term places are going to need to be replaced. If an existing home is a better value than buying new you buy existing.

Money/mouth - just bought a place because it seemed smarter than selling.

A few thoughts... Taxes will go up, or not? Economists hope that we will grow to defray some or all of the deficits. My taxable income will decrease starting on the day that I retire. Just because some pay more does not mean everyone will. Inflation in small steady amounts has many benefits to the economy, why panic? Why is real estate tied to poor returns in inflationary times? If anything, paying over time in inflated money while property stays equal in value will net you a nice inflation hedge.

Sounds like some scary truisms - kind of like
"Today is the oldest I've ever been, yet I will never be younger than i am today".
My brain immediately popped up the old lyric: "I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"...

Additionally, we are able to teach how to create your personal "bank." A place to put your money where you are;

~ guaranteed not to lose principal
~ tax deferred
~ creditor and lawsuit proof
~ estate tax free
~ accessible penalty free!

My guess is that they are talking about some type of whole life insurance policy. I note that none of their bullet points talk about the return on investment one can expect and whether such returns will exceed any fees and charges.

Here is what he sent back when I asked him what kind of investment he is selling....

I guess I can't help with making the offers more specific. On top of that he blocked me from commenting on the thread as well as contacting him! lol

When I read this a little voice in the back of my head said "Beep-beep, stupid ******* alert, beep-beep." I've learned to listen to that voice. Ignore the guy.

Back
Top Bottom