Votes: 13 7.3%
  • -5%

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • -6% or more

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don't like this poll, I won't vote.

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters
I just locked the voting. This is something to look back to on days when the market rallies. Let's see how many days it takes to recover yesterday's loss.

I have no idea nor do I much care. Markets go up and come down. If you have a good financial plan, you're alright.

gozzie said:
I have no idea nor do I much care. Markets go up and come down. If you have a good financial plan, you're alright.

While I agree w/ the idea of markets going up and down - and the current market needed to be corrected IMO. But, I find it interesting to see how your portfolio/plan fared in this broadbased dip compared to others. I don't know of any other place I can get this kind of "temp." reading :)

My transfer from AllianceBernstein to my Vanguard IRA is complete as of today. Looks like I finally had some timing luck (prior rollovers have not gone that well).

In the past 6 days we sold high (2/20), watched the money disappeared for a few days, then resurface at Vg today. Since it was all aimed at a short term bond fund for convenience, as soon as it credited my account I quickly disbursed it online to my desired asset allocation.

Net result: up 3% over what it would have been if untouched, then reinvested at today's closing prices. I held back on allocating to REITs for now; hope it it's gonna sink I'll get in again when it's on sale. After that, no more market timing (intentional or otherwise). Got lucky this time.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Net result: up 3% over what it would have been if untouched, then reinvested at today's closing prices. I held back on allocating to REITs for now; hope it it's gonna sink I'll get in again when it's on sale. After that, no more market timing (intentional or otherwise). Got lucky this time.

You don't have to be good at investing, just lucky. Congratulations Doc. :)

Back
Top Bottom