Feeling dumb and poor as the market goes up?!

hellbender said:
Hi John,

I halfway thought the purpose for the original inquiry about my relation to you was simply to get me to say "Who is John Galt?" ;)

I always considered "assertive" and "pugnacious" to be desirable qualities. Sounds lijke you might agree.

Absolutely!

JG

hellbender said:
I don't know John Galt, but I am coming to appreciate what he was up against.
JG earns everything he gets.

We've listened many times to his legendary stories of RE deals... but specific details have not been forthcoming. He's the world's best negotiater, but he doesn't share his particular skills or experience. We've heard about his landlord prowess... but he seems to have some of the world's worst tenants. He's a former CEO and titan of industry but he apparently hired some of the world's worst employees and owns enough NOLs to carry him for decades. He has one of the world's smallest ER portfolios yet some of the world's most complicated taxes.

Oh, and don't forget the part about achieving ER on guts, brains, & determination... plus the earnings of a full-time working spouse who was later divorced via prenup. Maybe he learned that from his MENSA membership.

Throw in a few thousand posts hammering the same piano key over & over, plus a liberal dose of reactionary political & business opinions.

That's what JG is up against. If you follow that path then yeah, I can see why you'd feel persecuted.

However you seem to be actually discussing your investments and the details of them, so you're likely to be credited on your information provided rather than be castigated for leaving out the important details.

and ill bet those are all his good points

Nords said:

We've listened many times to his legendary stories of RE deals... but specific details have not been forthcoming. He's the world's best negotiater, but he doesn't share his particular skills or experience. We've heard about his landlord prowess... but he seems to have some of the world's worst tenants. He's a former CEO and titan of industry but he apparently hired some of the world's worst employees and owns enough NOLs to carry him for decades. He has one of the world's smallest ER portfolios yet some of the world's most complicated taxes.

Oh, and don't forget the part about achieving ER on guts, brains, & determination... plus the earnings of a full-time working spouse who was later divorced via prenup. Maybe he learned that from his MENSA membership.

Throw in a few thousand posts hammering the same piano key over & over, plus a liberal dose of reactionary political & business opinions.

That's what JG is up against. If you follow that path then yeah, I can see why you'd feel persecuted.

Well, it's a tough job but someone has to do it :) BTW, I will not be sharing
those "details" in the future either. I believe in complete honesty, but that doesn't include enduring a information colonoscopy from any mouthy
sub-adult intellectual maggot. (Gosh, I hope Nords takes this in the spirit
it was written). :)

JG

Nords said:

However you seem to be actually discussing your investments and the details of them, so you're likely to be credited on your information provided rather than be castigated for leaving out the important details.

Sounds like a man I need to go drinking with........... :D :D :D

CCdaCE said:
Tequilla will set you (him?) free!

:LOL:

-CC

I'm a Tanqueray of Glenfiddich guy, depending on the day.......... ;)

Ahhh, also excellent choices. What's the best "truth serum" though?

/end thread hijack.

-CC

CCdaCE said:
Ahhh, also excellent choices. What's the best "truth serum" though?

/end thread hijack.

-CC

Posting a lot on here is the same as a polygraph test............ :D :D :D

Best truth serum? For me, after 10 shots of Jaggermeister, anyone can look into my soul..........albeit it is a scary place............ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom