Join Early Retirement Today

Fidelity 1099 now available
Old 02-17-2019, 05:17 AM   #1
Administrator

Fidelity 1099 now available

They said it would be ready the 16th. I just downloaded it and will sit down tomorrow to do a first draft and see what our ‘18 taxes look like.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 05:26 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Mine were available 1/26. Am I missing something? I just looked and there is nothing new waiting for me.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:43 AM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Mine were available 1/26. Am I missing something? I just looked and there is nothing new waiting for me.
Lucky you. Did you file yet?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:11 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Lucky you. Did you file yet?
No. Late next week I meet with our accountant.
So it sounds like Fido sends 1099's out a different times??
Old 02-17-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Mine were available the 26th too. Filed last week.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
No. Late next week I meet with our accountant.
So it sounds like Fido sends 1099's out a different times??
Yes, different times, depending on holdings. We have a couple of non-Fido mutual funds

They did better this year. In the past they’ve missed their dates.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Fidelity had posted a message to my account about my 1099 being ready on 2/16 due to a specific ETF fund in my brokerage account. The message concerning my 1099 had been posted there for awhile (since mid January maybe). Yesterday morning, I was able to import the 1099 info directly into TT.
rpguy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:27 AM   #8
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpguy4 View Post
Fidelity had posted a message to my account about my 1099 being ready on 2/16 due to a specific ETF fund in my brokerage account. The message concerning my 1099 had been posted there for awhile (since mid January maybe). Yesterday morning, I was able to import the 1099 info directly into TT.
I had this same message, but when I checked yesterday, the available date was pushed to 3/2 with the issue being that Vanguard has not provided info for VNQ. I really do not understand how gov't allows Vanguard (possibly others) to repeatedly have delayed tax reporting.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:57 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

This just shows that different brokerages and will do different things for different clients with different investments.

At both Fidelity and Vanguard, I made no trades and have no investments that paid foreign taxes, so I got my 1099-DIVs back in January.

For TDAmeritrade, I made no trades, but have investments that paid foreign taxes, so I got my 1099-DIV last week.

For WellsTrade, I made trades, have investments that paid foreign taxes, and got my 1099-B, 1099-DIV back in January. This is pretty typical with WellsTrade always providing the first and correct 1099s each year.

I owe a lot of taxes this year thanks to the new tax laws, so I will file for an extension with a payment in April. Then I will file my return next October.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:07 AM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
I had this same message, but when I checked yesterday, the available date was pushed to 3/2 with the issue being that Vanguard has not provided info for VNQ. I really do not understand how gov't allows Vanguard (possibly others) to repeatedly have delayed tax reporting.
Mine was just recently pushed to 3/2 as well. When I click the "Why?" link, I get this:

Quote:
Your account is still pending final tax information

To provide you with accurate data, we need to make sure we have received all relevant tax information on this account before finalizing your form. We'll email you as soon as this form becomes available.
We don't own any Fidelity funds, just ETFs from Vanguard, iShares, Schwab, and Wisdom Tree. The previous reason cited Schwab and Wisdom Tree. No mention of Vanguard.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:23 AM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Mine was bumped to 3/2 also and listed one position they were waiting for details. No big deal, I never file until April anyway
jwkde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Same here, did a first pass on taxes but won't file until probably end of March or first week of Aril. The reason is fear of getting a revised 1099 and my distaste for doing an amended return.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
It depends on the funds you own.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:51 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
The government creates the issues. The change the rules and data format almost every year and they don't staff the phones when development has questions. It's a challenge to get the code changed in time.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #15

3/2 for us too. Annoying as I'm ready for the handoff to the tax man.
TrvlBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

My Fido 1099 came out on 2/2. My (snake-bit) friend's Fido 1099 came out on 1/26. What was odd was that his 1099 is a lot more complicated than mine. I have 3 mutual funds, all domestic (2 bond, 1 stock) and all Fido funds. His is very complicated, with 10 mutual funds (6 Fido, 4 non-Fido), 11 individual stocks, 1 bond, and 1 cash account. His 1099 includes foreign tax paid and has some unrecaptured 1250 gain (what a PITA to work that into his taxes!).

The only reason I can think of which would explain his getting the 1099 first, before mine, is that he has an actual brokerage account while I have an older mutual fund account (no cash account). Maybe Fido does the brokerage accounts first, then the mutual fund accounts?
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #17

Got mine early too. What surprised me more is that my Schwab 1099 came through. Got everything entered into TT and just waiting a day to go back and do my checking. Should have it sent in in a couple days.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #18

We have VNQ in our portfolio at Fido and also got pushed to 3/2. This is later than last year--Vanguard seems to have issues in getting all the K-1's from its portfolio in time to complete their report.
I was going to move our REIT to non tax accounts but have too much cap gains to take this year (first year with RMDs). We are moving in 2019 to a CCRC which will provide some serious medical deductions (percent of entry and monthly fee) are considered medical expenses. Hopefully that will give us enough headroom to move the position,
nwsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #19

We're at 3/2 as well, with VNQ. That has been the problem in the past as well.
Animorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #20

Does anyone know why preliminary reports are not available this year? The one account with a 3/2 date is grayed out. Past years, they provided a preliminary report. I have an email in to the rep, however, won't hear back until Tues.
TrvlBug is offline   Reply With Quote