fidelity credit card -elan -free credit score

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
although you do not easily see it on the elan site , under services you can get a free vantage score from transunion .

I've got 2 cards that give free FICO scores. Elan's interface is not real user friendly in general as it does not use standard ebill processing like fido bill pay, but uses ACH which I believe will cause one to leave more sitting in cash management instead of having it auto pulled using bill pay.
I stick with others with others with more intuitive interfaces.

i pay my elan cards through bill pay . i could set them up for auto pay if i wanted .

keep in mind that the credit scores you get from amex -discover-citi are not comprehensive scores . they are fico 8 bank card scores . they are not comparable to a standard fico score .

fico 8 uses a calibration to 900 with different starting levels also . they weight credit card usage very heavy and other debt either not so much or not at all .

the elan vantage score is a comprehensive score

I pay mine with bill pay, but have to do in manually with bill pay so it follows the normal features of bill pay. With bill pay it will pull money from a linked account. The autopay that elan sets up on fido is not the same system, but an ACH transaction. I asked a fido rep if using this ACH method and if the bill pay account was short, would it pull from the linked account like bill pay? They had no idea if it would or not. I just don't want to chance it and get burnt.

When using bill pay, there is a time lag from when you set the payment (when the bill pay system knows what is up) and the actual payment. The ACH is more of a send me $ request and usually is quick.

a nonevent to me as far as which way it goes .

If you are on the Fidelity site, and go to Cash Management. Under the section Services, you will see a heading "Information".

There is a link to "Free Credit Score". Assuming you do not have pop-ups blocked, you can get a credit score from Transunion.

It's probably from the Elan site.

although you do not easily see it on the elan site , under services you can get a free vantage score from transunion .
CreditKarma gives VantageScore 3.0 from TransUnion and Equifax for free.

Back
Top Bottom